Wondering about Bassani mid length headers

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
Bringing an old thread back from the dead, but had the car dyno tuned last week on some Bassani Mid Lengths and x pipe. I'm happy with the results given the lower compression pistons:

Last edited by a moderator:

03' White Snake

Established Member
Bringing an old thread back from the dead, but had the car dyno tuned last week on some Bassani Mid Lengths and x pipe. I'm happy with the results given the lower compression pistons:

What's your question about them? I've been running them for years since 2014/15.

IIRC, I picked up 20 hp or so adding just the headers. Definitely changed the exhaust tone. I like how they do not hang low like long tubes. Yes you might get a small exhaust leak from where the individual tubes slip into the collectors. I used a 2x4 and a hammer and made sure the collectors were on the pipes as far as possible and I have no leaks. I run Remflex gaskets on mine and never had any leaks at the heads. I replaced all the stock studs with M8x1.25 x 25mm long bolts and with a 6" ball allen, all the bolts are easily tightened.

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
What's your question about them? I've been running them for years since 2014/15.

IIRC, I picked up 20 hp or so adding just the headers. Definitely changed the exhaust tone. I like how they do not hang low like long tubes. Yes you might get a small exhaust leak from where the individual tubes slip into the collectors. I used a 2x4 and a hammer and made sure the collectors were on the pipes as far as possible and I have no leaks. I run Remflex gaskets on mine and never had any leaks at the heads. I replaced all the stock studs with M8x1.25 x 25mm long bolts and with a 6" ball allen, all the bolts are easily tightened.

Don't have one, just sharing my results. I know a lot of folks like to compare dyno numbers so this is another data point.

My tuner mentioned that I'm probably only losing a couple hp to LT's on this NA setup. He said once you start adding a power adder that will change, but for now I don't think I'm giving up much of anything right now.

01yellercobra

Established Member
03' White Snake is the second guy I know of to make 800+ through Bassanis. IMO they're not giving up anything to long tubes.

I guess a good test would be if I ever get my car on the dyno. My buddy and I are running identical set ups. The only difference being I have Bassani mids with cats and he's running ARH's with no cats.

03' White Snake

Established Member
03' White Snake is the second guy I know of to make 800+ through Bassanis. IMO they're not giving up anything to long tubes.

I guess a good test would be if I ever get my car on the dyno. My buddy and I are running identical set ups. The only difference being I have Bassani mids with cats and he's running ARH's with no cats.
My buddies cobra swapped GT put down 740’s on a stock motor with them. He built it last Year similar to mine but hasn’t been on the dyno yet. Should be over 800 too.

I agree, the mids are so close to a long tube it shouldn’t matter. Obv. You start making 1000 hp then you need larger long tubes too. Not sure the limit between 1-3/4 vs 1-7/8.

Users who are viewing this thread