Would I be wasting my time... SRT-4 vs SCed Mach 1

PSI87

Banned
So I may have the opportunity to race a supercharged mach 1. I've raced him in the past when he was tb, exhaust, and intake... dead even until 120 when he started walking away... I had some great races with this guy... Well, I was probably making 230whp then and I may have trapped around 103mph. My latest trap was 117.73, and I should be making 400ish whp. Do I stand a chance against this guy or am I going to get worked? I don't know specs on his car unfortunantly... I did race a supercharged mustang gt, he got the inital pull, but I was reeling him back in when his motor blew, that was when I was trapping 115... he was supposedly making 390whp. Would a SCed Mach 1 be faster? Oh, btw, I'm talking about from a roll, I know better than to race in this 2nd gear spinning fwd pos from a stop.

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Those are impressive trap speeds. Given the limited information about the Mach's mods, other than a SC'er, it's hard to say. However, if a 390 hp blown GT jumped out on you and then you gradually started reeling him in then your not at 400ish hp. Not to mention, throw that same SC'er on the 4V 4.6 rather than the 2V 4.6 and you will have your hands full. I'd need to know more about the Mods on the Mach.

Hell, what does it matter? Just go race him and see.

PSI87

Banned
grey03mach1 said:
Those are impressive trap speeds. Given the limited information about the Mach's mods, other than a SC'er, it's hard to say. However, if a 390 hp blown GT jumped out on you and then you gradually started reeling him in then your not at 400ish hp. Not to mention, throw that same SC'er on the 4V 4.6 rather than the 2V 4.6 and you will have your hands full. I'd need to know more about the Mods on the Mach.

Hell, what does it matter? Just go race him and see.

Well, when I ran the 390whp gt i was probably at 370 or so. Yea, I think I'd like to race him and find out... If I'm right, 4th gear goes really far on a Mach1... so after I shift into 5th I might be done for.

IZZY

Established Member
PS187, you've got good mile an hour. Depending on his boost level, I'd say it might be a race.

2k1cobra

Established Member
I think if the mach 1 is running 8-9 lbs of boost,has all the supporting mods, and good tune it should trap 118+ no doubt. I think your gonna get pulled especially top end. Good Luck :thumbsup:

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Im tending to agree. You have a great MPH, but Im pretty sure the Mach will put down a bit over 120. Let us know when you race him. :thumbsup:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
How do you keep 400 fwhp under control from a dig? When I go to the track the front wheel drive cars that are making good numbers, like yours, seem to have a hell of a time launching and steering and spinning.

I think with your numbers you will have a good race on your hands. Good luck and get it on Vid.

Users who are viewing this thread