Wow what a difference a $.25 nylon spacer makes

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I just did the gas pedal spacer mod that moves the gas pedal upwards to make heal-toe easier it was damn near impossible before as the gas pedal sat too low. It took just a few minutes but the difference is dramatic I cant wait to try out the new pedal location. Dont use a razor blade to cut the nylon spacer like the write up tells you to. I tried this and stopped because the nylon doesnt cut that easily and I had a bad feeling I was going to fillet a finger open in the process. Instead I put the spacer in a vise and snugged the vise just enough to secure the spacer, then I took a hacksaw and cut the nylon spacer, this was much safer and worked great, also the wider cut of the hacksaw made it easier to slip the spacer over the cable. Here's the write up from MW.com hth Anthony
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/99pedals.htm

Last edited:

chknhwk

Sweet! I've never seen that write up before but I'm definitely doing it on my friend's car. I can heel-toe pretty easily in my Cobra (the gas could still come up maybe 1/4" or so, though) but it's damn near impossible in hers. Very strange.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread