WS6 owns a Z06

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Originally posted by Disloyal
And you sir are ****ing blind. Look at the rear window.

Lets break this down to simple math. The Z06 is rated at 405 horse, lets say its under rated and give it 420 motor. with a 15% drivetrain loss thats aprox 360RWHP fo the Z06. The WS6 Dynoed 387 RWHP.

Now does anyone need to borrow a calculator to compare 360 RWHP to 387 RWHP ?

Calm the hell down:nono: A simple "look in the rear window" would have done it!:nonono:

blownstang

Established Member
Originally posted by blackfang
Thats pathetic for the mods the WS6 has. My roomates 02 WS6 A4 with just a lid and cutout ran a 12.87@107 on street tires and dynoed 331rwhp.

His mods should put him in the high 11's easily.
Let's keep in mind dude, we are at 2000 est. ft in Las Vegas and being your dam near sea level, there is a difference!!! If this WS6 were in Richmond VA, it should run 11's easy!

blackfang

Established Member
Whooptie ****ing doo, good for your friend. The 02 also has a different intake. BTW, where did he run that - was it 4000 feet elevation ?
She ran at MIR. The 02 has a different cam and intake yes. But he has quite a bit more mods than her 2 bolt on otherwise stock car. I have seen cam and small bolt ons only LS1's running 11's.

I did not now Las Vegas is 4k from sea level. That kind of explains it. You can **** off now.

blackfang

Established Member
Originally posted by blownstang
Let's keep in mind dude, we are at 2000 est. ft in Las Vegas and being your dam near sea level, there is a difference!!! If this WS6 were in Richmond VA, it should run 11's easy!
Thanks for the clarification, and you are right.

NITMARE

Established Member
As much as I hate to say it WS6's definitely get fast in a hurry with few mods. My friend had a 2001 with intake, ported heads,longtubes, LS1 hot cam and a chip, with 4.10's and on some E.t. streets he ran somwhere in the 11.7's. On the bottle usually 10.8's. Not saying he didn't spend some money but not an insane amount.

GotGrunt

Established Member
And you sir are ****ing blind. Look at the rear window
I guess neither of you have seen the 1999 Corvette "hardtop" model. I think I see Z06 badges though, hard to see cause the car is silver. I think that Z06 with a good driver would have walked him. :burnout:

click here ;-)

Last edited:

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Sounds about right to me. The Z06 with less horsepower and torque but lighter with better gearing held right with the WS6 except through the gears. If you put the skill of the WS6 driver in the Z06 it would make it very interesting!

Silver 03 Cobra

Darn good kill and great vid. To borrow a phrase from a member on here, "There's nothing like the expression on their face when I blow by them". He just hasn't ran into the right one yet.

Nothing pisses a vette boy off more when you tell them F-Bodies are pulling as good if not better dyno numbers. I'm pretty good friends with a dyno owner and he has shown me several dyno sheets and the average F-Body with basic bolt-ons were pulling better numbers than C5's. One C5 pulled a mighty 280 rwhp SAE.

blownstang

Established Member
Originally posted by GotGrunt
I guess neither of you have seen the 1999 Corvette "hardtop" model. I think I see Z06 badges though, hard to see cause the car is silver. I think that Z06 with a good driver would have walked him. :burnout:

click here ;-)
No, it's a genuine ZO6. These guys go out for highway pulls all the time so it's a regular group.

blownstang

Established Member
He would of pulled him harder out of the hole but if you listen closely, he gets out of it a little due to wheel hop. His car on 17" DR's pulls surprisingly well out of the hole.

1BadWS6

Established Member
The car is mine, the cam in question is a 228/228 571. 571. on a 112lsa. I know most if not all of the fastest running F-Bodys in vegas. (www.lvfbody.com) if you'd like to take a look, they have a list of most of the cars in the club and there times. Back to the main topic though. My car runs good for where I am at. a 12.8 at sea level is good, but I would go at least a 12.0 or better at sea level EASY! Simple though, I had a bad launch, got back in it, and still set out on the ZO6. I'd like to see some of those 12.8's here in vegas, -not going to happen- anyway, was a fun vidy, I have a few others if you'd like to take a look let me know, i also have my dyno sheet if your interested. Nice meeting all of you, even with the BS comments, see you all around, and you'll be seeing more of my vidys... WiN (or) LOSE :)

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Originally posted by 1BadWS6
The car is mine, the cam in question is a 228/228 571. 571. on a 112lsa. I know most if not all of the fastest running F-Bodys in vegas. (www.lvfbody.com) if you'd like to take a look, they have a list of most of the cars in the club and there times. Back to the main topic though. My car runs good for where I am at. a 12.8 at sea level is good, but I would go at least a 12.0 or better at sea level EASY! Simple though, I had a bad launch, got back in it, and still set out on the ZO6. I'd like to see some of those 12.8's here in vegas, -not going to happen- anyway, was a fun vidy, I have a few others if you'd like to take a look let me know, i also have my dyno sheet if your interested. Nice meeting all of you, even with the BS comments, see you all around, and you'll be seeing more of my vidys... WiN (or) LOSE :)
Post up them vids and welcome to the site.:thumbsup:

Shoey

www.modularfords.com
Established Member
And you sir are ****ing blind. Look at the rear window.

Lets break this down to simple math. The Z06 is rated at 405 horse, lets say its under rated and give it 420 motor. with a 15% drivetrain loss thats aprox 360RWHP fo the Z06. The WS6 Dynoed 387 RWHP.

Now does anyone need to borrow a calculator to compare 360 RWHP to 387 RWHP ?

Damn Art calm down...LOL

B

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
all i know is that the silver, corvette-looking thingie lost.

HAAAAHAAAA.

My car don't sound nothing like that, as a matter of fact I start smiling when I hear the dentist drill and I realize crap I'm not in my car.

Nice car, love the noise it makes. (the T/A)

Users who are viewing this thread