WTB lowering spindles..

MiaLightning

Established Member
Well, if no one has a used set for sale, can anyone give me a hint on where to buy them new? which brand is best for the money? And also I have 22" rims with 285/35/R22 tires, what drop should I go with (1.5" or 2") ?? Thanks

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
Only drop spindles that I know of are the 2" Belltech. I have them on my truck and very pleased with them. Will try to remember where I got them and get back to you..

MiaLightning

Established Member
Well, I think i'm going to wait for a used set of spindles to come around so if anyone is selling a set please let me know. Thanks

blackbolt2003

Established Member
What's the advantage to installing drop spindles instead of just shorter springs? Is it to get you even lower when also installing shorter springs in addition to drop spindles?

MiaLightning

Established Member
Lowering springs give you a 1 inch drop, the spindles give a 2 inch drop. It depends how low you want to go. I already have the lowering springs but I also want the spindles to get a 3 inch drop since I'm putting 22 inch rims with 285/35/22 tires.. So anyways, I'm still looking for a set of spindles, if anyone is selling them or know of someone please let me know, thanks..

cdomino

Established Member
The drop you get from springs depends on the springs; they aren't all 1". The Hotchkis coils will get you about 1.5" lower, for example. You can just cut your stock coils to lower the ride and retain nearly the same ride. I say nearly because cutting coils will lower spring rate a bit.

The benefit of spindles is less bump steer and more accurate alignment specs for the same 2" drop that spindles provide. But there are other headaches associated with spindles, like reduced turn radius, and lower ball joint nut clearance. Read more here:

Belltech 2" Spindles - The National Lightning Owners Club Inc

I have spindles but may be going back to drop springs because of the turn radius issue. I don't have anything scheduled, but if you can't find any used spindles it wouldn't hurt to shoot me a pm occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread