WANTED: Wtb OW ,C.O, DSG , Sb Or Silver Coupe

305Cobra

Established Member
Want something clean and original meaning original Irs car low milage or up to 40k def no convertibles. Lmk

flsnake

Established Member
I have had the car since it was 1 year old. It has a steigmeir ported blower,gords heat exchanger and a borla cat back exhaust. The car is near mint condition. It has been garaged its whole life. Never abused. I am looking for 48k.

COBRA-11

Established Member
Image1668419385.432870.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Silver95

Established Member
I have had the car since it was 1 year old. It has a steigmeir ported blower,gords heat exchanger and a borla cat back exhaust. The car is near mint condition. It has been garaged its whole life. Never abused. I am looking for 48k.

I think 48k is on the very high side. I’d take a look at what cars sold for. Any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
I think 48k is on the very high side. I’d take a look at what cars sold for. Any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For an 8,xxx mile car that was produced only one year, probably not a horrible price. Low mile terminators are for people with money to burn anyway lol. DSG isn't in the elite color category, but they look gooooooood imo.

plumbcrazy

Established Member
Are you selling this to buy the GT500? I made the same decision 10 years ago now and have regretted it since! Food for thought...
I apologize for hijacking the thread a little bit but I have to ask you, why do you regret it?I hear this all the time. I have a sonic blue vert with 90 K on it. Needs a top and some regular cobra maintenance items but it’s a good solid car there’s never been pissed on.I do love it but I’ve been thinking about moving over to a GT500 vert as well as I’ve decided that I won’t keep both cars. I’ve been hesitating because the cobra is so cool and there aren’t that many of any of these cars. For me it’s just a matter of being comfortable and the Cobra is a hard car for me to be comfortable in.If you have a minute, please share for me and the rest of us why you regret selling yours for the GT 500. Thanks.

LS WUT

Established Member
I apologize for hijacking the thread a little bit but I have to ask you, why do you regret it?I hear this all the time. I have a sonic blue vert with 90 K on it. Needs a top and some regular cobra maintenance items but it’s a good solid car there’s never been pissed on.I do love it but I’ve been thinking about moving over to a GT500 vert as well as I’ve decided that I won’t keep both cars. I’ve been hesitating because the cobra is so cool and there aren’t that many of any of these cars. For me it’s just a matter of being comfortable and the Cobra is a hard car for me to be comfortable in.If you have a minute, please share for me and the rest of us why you regret selling yours for the GT 500. Thanks.
Pm sent, OP Goodluck in your search bud.

68gtscode

Established Member
I also apologize for hijacking the OP’s thread! That said, I’m happy to provide some insights on the GT500 vs Cobra comment… I should start by mentioning I had an 09 GT500. I would actually like to have a 13/14 GT500. Anyhow, I had AED do some fairly mild mods to both my Cobra and then my GT500. They did a 2.3 Whipple on my Cobra, which made 630 rwhp on Sunoco 260 GT, which is what I drove it on most of the time. It could pass CA emissions and drove 100% stock. It made 21 pounds on the hit and was really fun to drive on the street with the T56! At that power level it just worked really well. I sold it to buy the GT500, which I also sent to AED for a Whipple 2.9. It made 730 rwhp on 93 with long tubes, etc. It also had nice manners but felt very large and was really heavy. The Whipple 2.9 doesn’t reach max boost on the hit like the 2.3, but instead tends to build a bit with rpm. It just seemed really big, heavy, and kind of lazy on the street. I put 4.10s in it which helped. It would spin drag radials at about 100 mph on a cool morning when coming up on boost, but it wasn’t as fun to drive as the Cobra. I know this is subjective, but I never liked the back end appearance of the 07-09 GT500s either.

Anyhow, the rods in the GT500 kept me from doing much more to that car. I got some quotes to have the engine fully built, install a bigger Whipple and better clutch, and convert it to E85. Ultimately I was attracted to the performance potential of the Coyote and decided to sell it. I still miss my Cobra but not really the GT500… it was a nice car but I’d rather have a Terminator.

Users who are viewing this thread