WTF? How should I fight this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Jesus H. Christ folks read the damn thread before responding LOL!

and Erdal, you are full of crap. read my post about what it says on HIS STATES police website. pulling over where you think it is safe is ok as long as the distance is reasonable.

I have asked a number of cops and every one of them say, as long as you don't go too far it is fine with them.

musclefan21

Established Member
Jesus H. Christ folks read the damn thread before responding LOL!

and Erdal, you are full of crap. read my post about what it says on HIS STATES police website. pulling over where you think it is safe is ok as long as the distance is reasonable.

I have asked a number of cops and every one of them say, as long as you don't go too far it is fine with them.

I am full of crap because you happen to talk to other cops?

I am telling you and you should get your head out of your ass for once and listen, when an officer turn his lights on, proper way to do it is pull over right away. Period.

When I observe a violation, I pick the place to pull the person over. I must be in a tactical advantage, not the driver. Without going too much into details, I consider a few things on tactical aspect and when I turn my lights on, I expect that person to pull over right there, because that is where I want make my contact with the driver. There are always exceptions to everything. If the driver happen to not see my lights and drive a few hundreds feet and then pull over, that is fine with me. If the driver tells me I didnt feel comfortable pulling over there and thats why I pulled over here, they will hear the same thing I just told you. It happened to me before and I never ticketed anyone for it.

Dont tell me I am full of crap when you have no training on this subject and I do.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I will still say you are full of crap. one more time since you apparently missed it. I posted a link to HIS state police webtsite which contradicts what you are saying. every cop I have asked this question to contradicts what you are saying. so thank you very much I will go with what THEY say since THEY have more experience than you do and are not so full of themselves as you are.

since it is obvious you failed to read the thread, other than the first post I will save you some time and refer you to post 28. where I posted the links and quoted what I have said.

you are not full of crap because I happen to talk to other cops. you are full of crap because you don't know what you are talking about.

that may be the way YOU roll and some others but it is not cut and dried and your typical over reaction is ridiculous.

I am full of crap because you happen to talk to other cops?

I am telling you and you should get your head out of your ass for once and listen, when an officer turn his lights on, proper way to do it is pull over right away. Period.

When I observe a violation, I pick the place to pull the person over. I must be in a tactical advantage, not the driver. Without going too much into details, I consider a few things on tactical aspect and when I turn my lights on, I expect that person to pull over right there, because that is where I want make my contact with the driver. There are always exceptions to everything. If the driver happen to not see my lights and drive a few hundreds feet and then pull over, that is fine with me. If the driver tells me I didnt feel comfortable pulling over there and thats why I pulled over here, they will hear the same thing I just told you. It happened to me before and I never ticketed anyone for it.

Dont tell me I am full of crap when you have no training on this subject and I do.

musclefan21

Established Member
I've gone round and round with you in the past carrrnuttt over various things, and quite frankly this reponse is about all the effort I'm willing to put into it. I know where this is headed, and Im not going there..... It's just not worth my time.

+1 same here. He is not worth anyones time.

musclefan21

Established Member
I will still say you are full of crap. one more time since you apparently missed it. I posted a link to HIS state police webtsite which contradicts what you are saying. every cop I have asked this question to contradicts what you are saying. so thank you very much I will go with what THEY say since THEY have more experience than you do and are not so full of themselves as you are.

since it is obvious you failed to read the thread, other than the first post I will save you some time and refer you to post 28. where I posted the links and quoted what I have said.

you are not full of crap because I happen to talk to other cops. you are full of crap because you don't know what you are talking about.

that may be the way YOU roll and some others but it is not cut and dried and your typical over reaction is ridiculous.

I am full of myself how? By telling you what the law is? LOL

I get it, his department has something like that posted on their site, but that does not change my answer even one bit.

Proper way to do it is, pull over as soon as you see the lights. Period. It is the law! You see the lights? You pull to the right. It is also common sense. As I mentioned before, exceptions are welcome. We are human, I am not going to go give you hell for not pulling over right away. But I will tell you that you should and that it is a ticket able offense. I wouldnt write that ticket in this situation but that doesn't mean others wouldn't.

My reaction is to your ridiculous crap talking for no reason. I backed the OP up with my post, but you told me I was full of crap. Real mature but my bad expecting you to act mature for once.
you could have brought your concern in a more respectful manner as I did not disrespect you nor the OP.

I am not going to argue with you regarding my knowledge on police work vs yours as I do this for a living and you dont. You know it more than us!

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
RDJ, your comments and advice were spot on.

Glad to see the OP was aquited of that ridiculous charge when all he was tryin to do was ensure HIS and the OFFICER'S SAFETY given the fact that the officer failed to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread