Wtf!!!

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
I have heard that the paint jobs on the Cobra's are not exactly top notch. But lastnight I was washing my car, I'm cleaning the bumper getting the bugs off and I see a little black spot. I start to spray and all of a sudden my paint just peeled back about the size of a quarter. I couldn't believe it, I was so angry. My warranty expired last month, but do you think I could make ford own up to this?

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
redfiresvtsnake said:
My front bumper did the same thing. I was pissed! The paint is very thjin from ford. $35k cobra with the $18k base model paint job.

Too much credit....more like a back yard hack job...pick and choose where to paint and where not to...which colors to do a complete paint job (under the hood etc) and which to just leave as just over sprayed with masking tape....and orange peel from hell.

Look forward to when the go mods are done...then the car will be repainted...correctly.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Pure03Venom said:
Too much credit....more like a back yard hack job...pick and choose where to paint and where not to...which colors to do a complete paint job (under the hood etc) and which to just leave as just over sprayed with masking tape....and orange peel from hell.

Look forward to when the go mods are done...then the car will be repainted...correctly.

I have a black 04 COBRA & agree with you that the amount of orange peel is rediculous. When the car is all dialed in the re-paint will be the last step... ! :beer:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Eagle24 said:
My warranty expired last month, but do you think I could make ford own up to this?

No, Ford won't do shit. Even if it was under warranty it would be hard to get anything redone on the front of the car.

Rock chip/water pressure = flaking. Thats probably what your going to hear from them.

Ninedown

Established Member
Take it back to your local Ford dealer. It doesn't hurt to try, see what they say. I had the paint blow off my hood. Car had 15,xxx miles & out of warranty by 3 months. I paid $50 out of pocket Ford took care of the rest. They even painted the underside of the hood as well.

Bizness

Someone Stole My title
Established Member
I had to apply about 6 coats of Zaino to stop the ridiculous amounts of chipping I was getting...I was told the 04's are worse then the 03's.

I agree the orange peel is horrible on my car. I will probably be painting the whole car in the next few years.

sticker in Canada was $53,000 on a 04 vert :nonono:

makes it seem way over priced considering our dollar is only 4 cents behind the US as of Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread