Wtt direct port set up for boosted setup

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
Just testing the waters, Im not going as fast as possibe with boost, wtt for twins, single, centri, or twin screw, this is for guys that have a boosted setup and cant push it any harder due to not having a built engine, for a stock engine nitrous is a great way to get that e/t you want without pushing the boost that will hurt, i have a nos direct port installed on stock intake manifold, this is the manifold off of strictly performances (texas)shop car that was in the baddest coyotes article in 2010, pm for pics or further details, kit is good for 9s on stock bottom end, i just dont want to spray the shot it takes to get me the et desired

Dominic Dillard

Spraying for Jesus
Established Member
Off topic. What size spray were you running. I know 100 is safe, but I assume you pushed it past that? I also have a Piranha kit, but a boss mani that I am having plumbed w/ full bolt-ons.

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
Its at a 200 now but I will jet it for whatever the next huy wants, just a change of jets on a direct port is almost 100 bucks, the noids are good for a 500 shot, I have a built engine, a stock engine guy can spray a 150 through this kit and go 10.0- 9.9 with a good tune, i just want something with more room to grow since im about to build the trans and dont want to spray a 400 shot to go 9.0s

Dominic Dillard

Spraying for Jesus
Established Member
Its at a 200 now but I will jet it for whatever the next huy wants, just a change of jets on a direct port is almost 100 bucks, the noids are good for a 500 shot, I have a built engine, a stock engine guy can spray a 150 through this kit and go 10.0- 9.9 with a good tune, i just want something with more room to grow since im about to build the trans and dont want to spray a 400 shot to go 9.0s

Yeah I was thinking maybe to push it a bit, but I already am on the RPM side. I haven't built my motor yet. I may do it later when I buy another car in a year or so and track this one. Think it will hold up with a 150? I'm thinking it can, but I also don't want to break nothing.

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
Nitrous doesnt need high rpm to work, it actually likes the lower rpm better, and since this is on a stock intake there is no need to shift past 7000rpm, on nitrous the stock intake is faster, I verified that myself.

Users who are viewing this thread