WV: 2001 Cobra -Built- How Much??

BigEag205

Established Member
Hey everyone, I've had my car for about 3 years now and am waiting for funds to do head/cam work to add to the other extensive mods done, but wouldn't mind making the switch to a big block build c5 (I know, shoot me ha). That being said, if I came across the right roller project, I'd like to jump on it so I'd like to know what you all feel would be a serious appropriate price for me car (dont let my future plans change your price suggestion :nono:)

Details:
-2001 Cobra - Black Coupe, black/charcoal leather/suede, 83k miles +/- (Above 82 and under 85)
-Forged and Stroked the motor with eagles 4340 302 cu.in. kit (dished pistons)almost 3k on this build and wasn't done due to detonation, just prepping the car for boost hence some of the mods later mentioned.
-ARP Studs
-20* Lower temp thermostat
-King Cobra clutch
-Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
-4.10 Gears (Ford Racing)
-BBK intake
-Steeda underdrive pulleys
-Ford Racing shorty headers
-Sold my OR/H pipe so car will have Bassani OR/X on it as soon as I find one
-Flowmaster cat-back
-Eibach Pro lowering springs
-Poly IRS bushings
-Mach 1 front chin spoiler (not pictured on car)
-spoiler delete (holes are plugged, fact. spoiler can be easily put back on)
-Kenwood dual din DVD/Nav system
-Clarion door speakers
-SCT TSX Touchscreen Wireless tuner
-custom molded 3 gauge pillar pod with ProSport premium boost, oil press, and wideband air fuel gauges (has adjustable warning lights for hi/lo). pillar is also already equipped with a light for the remote start/security system I bought for it but not wired yet. Will prob keep it if I dont install it before finding a roller
-8k 55W hi/lo HID headlights
-6k 35W fog lights (6k instead of 8 to compensate for the temp washout of the color due to wattage difference)
-5% tint all around with, 55% whole windshield with the 5% tint strip at the top
-very little aluminum interior trim pieces
-17' chrome Saleen's with a rear set of 15" WeldRacing wheels with brand new Hoosiers

I believe that pretty much covers the bases. The Motor was built/assembled by a local shop (Cunningham Motorsports) in Charleston WV. One of the most reputable builders in the area and tuned by Blankenship Tuning in Shelbyville Ky. If I don't find the right c5 roller for my next project I'm gladly keeping the Cobra, proceeding with the Head/cam and boost build and will have no problem enjoying it.

Cobraatstrip.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg
(this pic was taken when I first got the car and didn't have the nav. system and pillar pod installed yet but it's the only int. pic of the car and condition hasn't changed as I haven't put many miles on it)

Last edited:

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
I would say 13-15k maximum if the car brought in the right buyer. Investing into our cars like this doesn't automatically increase resale value, but having one that is as complete and not beat as your car, I can see it selling it decently, if that right buyer is found

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I agree but 15k max. You are getting into 03/04 territory after that.

BigEag205

Established Member
thanks for your input. Thats the price range I was hoping for and kind of thinking of in my back head. It just seems the N/A Cobra's are sitting around and not moving too well anymore sadly.

And yea, i didn't mod it to increase the value; I'm just an enthusiast that can't stand not changing a car around every now and then. Was going for a big boost build when I got hit with the urge for a c5 FRC or z06 build. I'll honestly prob. continue the build as I haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for and that's the only way I'd get rid of her.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
thanks for your input. Thats the price range I was hoping for and kind of thinking of in my back head. It just seems the N/A Cobra's are sitting around and not moving too well anymore sadly.

And yea, i didn't mod it to increase the value; I'm just an enthusiast that can't stand not changing a car around every now and then. Was going for a big boost build when I got hit with the urge for a c5 FRC or z06 build. I'll honestly prob. continue the build as I haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for and that's the only way I'd get rid of her.

Funny I am thinking just like you. My car is at the ends of its build and will be very similar to yours and about the same miles. I too have been looking at c5's. My problem is I get bored of things too fast. I bought almost $1,500 worth of nitrous stuff and now I might not even use it. :bash:

BigEag205

Established Member
I somehow haven't seen updates on a lot of my threads lately which is the reason for my late response. I agree, I get bored with things rather quickly too, ESP in off seasons when I cant drive it. Thats why I've modded it the way it's been. Money for a F1 is gonna take a season or 2 of building up for though haha. LS motors are just so easy to get ridiculous reliable power out of it's unreal. Plus BlueCat is one of the highest reputable tuners for them on the east coast which is only about 45 minutes from me compared to the 3.5 hour 1 way drive to Shelbyville Ky...

I've decided to keep her though and keep building. Everyone around here seems to be switching to vettes, I'm not one to follow a crowd. Not many Cobra's around my parts.

Users who are viewing this thread