X or H pipes

NavStar

Established Member
Whaich is better for all around performance, and X Pipe or an H pipe???

I havew a 2011 Mustang GT, looks like I have heders (factory), and poss an H pipe now (not sure, have not lifted it yet...

Thoughts ???

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
yep you have the factory manifolds and a weak looking H pipe lol but its a H pipe none the less. sometime today il have my factory H pipe off and il put it beside the lethal H pipe that is going on the car. over all if you dont mind sound and are just going for power id say go with the X pipe but honestly the power difference isnt that much really. il get you some pics and vids today sometime.

ViciousJay

Established Member
if you need 2 extra hp then get the X but there is hardly any noticeable power gain over the H

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
ok well my camera sucks and i wont have video until i get the other one charged but here is some pics. as you can see the stock h pipe is WEAK!!! and there is alot of bottle necks in the stock system.

HPIM0002.jpg

HPIM0003.jpg

HPIM0004.jpg

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member

NavStar

Established Member
So the cats and H pipe set up, is it worth it??? I want to get as much out as poss from bolt on (for now - warr ). It loos as if the 5.0 has shorty headers on it now? is that correct? I was told, changing the H pipe will not help w/o changing the cats, this set up look like both???

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
So the cats and H pipe set up, is it worth it??? I want to get as much out as poss from bolt on (for now - warr ). It loos as if the 5.0 has shorty headers on it now? is that correct? I was told, changing the H pipe will not help w/o changing the cats, this set up look like both???

here is what your manifolds look like
http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com...-exhaust-header-manifold-set_120695908599.jpg

i guess you could call them a header type since they have individual primary runners.... but as you can see each runner isnt equal in length so there is some room for improvement there.

if you get a high flow catted H pipe you will pick up some power and im sure it would be worth it b/c it will be louder plus it will have a calmer smoother sound vs. a off road H pipe.

NavStar

Established Member
Interesting photo... Sounds like if I am going to do anyhting I should do it all, long tube headers, hf cats, H pipe and so on...

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Interesting photo... Sounds like if I am going to do anyhting I should do it all, long tube headers, hf cats, H pipe and so on...

depends on your goals, if you want to make some good power you can keep the stock manifolds but if you plan on going all out then sure get some long tube headers. im trying to get on a dyno today so maybe i can get you some numbers with my stock manifolds.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
yea im sorry, i forgot to post it here.
401 RWTQ 372RWTQ
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7O1js1yPkI"]YouTube - ‪2011 5.0 cammed tune o/r H pipe and flowmaster classic‬‏[/nomedia]
it starts to cam around 1 min i think just watch the whole thing.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
I would do anything to get a "cammed tune". Is there anyway to email the file to another person with same mods?? I wouldn't say a word to anyone how I got :wink::wink: if someone/tuner out there could help me out. Just PM me PLEASE!!!!!!!!

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
WOW... your car sounds amazing:bowdown:. I have always been a huge Flowmaster fan. What/how did you do the resonator delete? I'm jealous...I want my car to sound like that:thumbsup:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
WOW... your car sounds amazing:bowdown:. I have always been a huge Flowmaster fan. What/how did you do the resonator delete? I'm jealous...I want my car to sound like that:thumbsup:

i just saw that lethal performance is doing the cammed tunes again so you can get it there.

to delete the resonator i got some 3" pipe, cut the resonators out and welded in the 3" pipe in replace of them. or you can just get a over the axle pipe kit like im gonna do one day.

also forgot the dyno numbers are from a mustang dyno.

FastRedPonyCar