x pipe install

10gt5

Established Member
What do yall think i have a off road x on now with stock axle back sounds loud and raspy to me...how do u guys feel that setup sounds in your opinions???

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the SSS axle back with the off road x-pipe, sounds so sick, i always get complements

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
It does have a bit of rasp it's just a little more noticeable with the off road pipe. Even my stock h pipe had a slight rasp on decel. The off road x pipe make a louder more aggressive sound than the stock pipe and sounds like hell on wheels at WOT.

rg0019

Established Member
I was thinking about getting new exhaust, but i love the sound of the stock mufflers. I was talking to a dallas club member and he suggested getting an o/r H/X pipe. From my research, there doesn't seem to be a direct bolt on H pipe only X pipe to the exhaust.

I would like something with a direct bolt on cause I have to pass emissions here in Dallas and would have to switch out catted vs non catted. So, it looks like an X pipe.. The sound clip above sounds pretty good.

Any hp gains from o/r X pipe? Also, are my neighbors going to kill me cause of the noise?

thanks..

69Mach1351w

Established Member
I was thinking about getting new exhaust, but i love the sound of the stock mufflers. I was talking to a dallas club member and he suggested getting an o/r H/X pipe. From my research, there doesn't seem to be a direct bolt on H pipe only X pipe to the exhaust.

I would like something with a direct bolt on cause I have to pass emissions here in Dallas and would have to switch out catted vs non catted. So, it looks like an X pipe.. The sound clip above sounds pretty good.

Any hp gains from o/r X pipe? Also, are my neighbors going to kill me cause of the noise?

thanks..
Im debating the Stock mufflers, but adding this: 2011-2012 Mustang Shelby GT500 MaxFlow Non-Catted H-Pipe - MRT Performance

Its a 2011-12 GT500 O/R H. I think that Lethal also has one, or is working on one as well.

I really would like to hear a video of JUST the swap to O/R H and if its too loud for 4:00 AM drives to the airport in my neighborhood.

The other thing is the exhaust gas. With catted it doesnt smell good after a WOT run, however, the house doesnt stink like raw fuel like my 03 cobra released with O/R X and bassani Catback

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Personally I hate the sound of the X-pipe. The H-pipe has a much deeper, throughty sound. But maybe its just my age showing a bit!

Olisickstang

Established Member
I have the stock h pipe and the KR axleback delete from MRT. I have alot of compliments and the sound is deep but not to raspy. I consider buying the MaxFlow catted H pipe but I'm not certain..

RickyBobby

Established Member

thanks..

I just received my JBA O/R H Pipe for the 2011 GT500. Haven't installet it yet, but it is supposed to be a direct bolt-on. The guys at JBA hooked me up with a vendor and I also found a thread on this forum:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ct-jba-x-h-pipes-2011-2013-shelby-gt500s.html

I hope that helps some of you.

rg0019

Established Member
I just received my JBA O/R H Pipe for the 2011 GT500. Haven't installet it yet, but it is supposed to be a direct bolt-on. The guys at JBA hooked me up with a vendor and I also found a thread on this forum:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ct-jba-x-h-pipes-2011-2013-shelby-gt500s.html

I hope that helps some of you.

Thanks RickyBobby...

Let's us know how it goes and post a sound/video clip!! If it goes pretty easy for you, I'll probably pick one up.. Looking for a easy swap cause I'll have to change it out for emissions.

Users who are viewing this thread