X pipe question

SRTkid

Established Member
Hey guys im pretty new here. yes ive searched but didnt really get the answer i wanted. I just recently picked up a 2004 mach 1. Ready to do some exhaust work to it. I dont plan on doing headers since it is a daily and im not going all out on it. I just want a nice off road xpipe and maybe some mufflers. My question is whats a good set of off road x pipes that will fit on the stock headers? i want to get rid of the cats plus weld in some slp mufflers and dump the exhaust mid way. Any suggestions on which x pipe sounds/fits the best? Ive been looking at the bbk and upr x pipes. Thanks

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
1.) Which SLP Mufflers? Loudmouth 1 or 2?
2.) Don't buy a Bassani or BBK X pipe if you don't like raspy poppy exhaust
3.) I would suggest Magnaflow, SLP, VRS, or MAC X pipes.

Hope this helps!

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
The LM1's are practically straight pipes. Any offroad midpipe will make your exhaust extremely loud, just so 'ya know. I did a BBK X pipe on my GT, with the LM1's and couldnt stand it, was embaressed to drive my car.

I'd at least do one of the X pipes i mentioned above, if you do it.

Good luck!

Last edited:

MachJoe

Established Member
1.) Which SLP Mufflers? Loudmouth 1 or 2?
2.) Don't buy a Bassani or BBK X pipe if you don't like raspy poppy exhaust
3.) I would suggest Magnaflow, SLP, VRS, or MAC X pipes.

Hope this helps!

Don't mean to thread jack, but where can I get a VRS x pipe? I checked their website and didn't see any standard length ones and I even tried contacting them...nothing!

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
Don't mean to thread jack, but where can I get a VRS x pipe? I checked their website and didn't see any standard length ones and I even tried contacting them...nothing!

Really? I had great luck with contacting them.. Here's a link to the page:

X-PIPES

Scroll almost all the way down, it says "X PIPE 99-03 SHORTIES" or "X PIPE 04 SHORTIES" (shorties referring to the length of the header)

Part number for the aluminized 99-03 X Pipe: X9900
Part number for the aluminized 04 X Pipe: X04

I had one on my '03 GT with Mac longtubes.. Loved it. I like how theyre made to your order.. Takes a week or two to deliver.

:beer:

Last edited:

MachJoe

Established Member
Really? I had great luck with contacting them.. Here's a link to the page:

X-PIPES

Scroll almost all the way down, it says "X PIPE 99-03 SHORTIES" or "X PIPE 04 SHORTIES" (shorties referring to the length of the header)

Part number for the aluminized 99-03 X Pipe: X9900
Part number for the aluminized 04 X Pipe: X04

I had one on my '03 GT with Mac longtubes.. Loved it. I like how theyre made to your order.. Takes a week or two to deliver.

:beer:

Thanks for the help man! :thumbsup:

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
x2 on the o/r x with SLPs. My buddy has them on his Mach 1, (flame suit on) and it sounds HORRIBLE, just super loud. No good tones at all, and crazy crackling every time he lets off the gas. I would just instal the mufflers and dump it, see how it sounds, and get an o/r mid pipe if you think its not loud enough. Id say getting rid of the cats make them about 30-50% LOUDER

Machery

Established Member
Get a hi-flo catted H or X pipe. The 4v engines need a little back pressure to keep the low end tq in check. It will sound good with the LM1's.

Users who are viewing this thread