X Plan Pricing

GT500Noob

Established Member
I found out through work that I'm eligible for the X-plan pricing program. I went to the dealer yesterday and he ran the numbers. What he came back, his figure seemed a bit high. From what I've ready X-plan should be invoice + $250 ( Please correct me if I'm wrong). The sales guy just told me its 93.7% of MSRP.

Is there anyway to know for sure that I'm getting the true X-plan price?

Is it manditory that a dealer honor the X-plan price? When I mentioned I was on the program, and had my pin number, yada yada yada. He looked at me, and said. "oh well this dealership doesnt do the X-plan program" As I was standing up to leave of course he says sit down I'll see what I can do.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
It is strictly up to each dealer whether or not they honor A, X, and Z plans.

I can't remember the exact numbers of the discounts.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
x-plan prices are set by Ford, they are around the number you indicated. Please be aware as stated above, depending on the unit, they dealer may not offer. Many dealers
may offer it on a factory order basis.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
x-plan prices are set by Ford, they are around the number you indicated. Please be aware as stated above, depending on the unit, they dealer may not offer. Many dealers
may offer it on a factory order basis.

Very true. If one dealer won't plan the car you want, contact another. Around here there are several Ford facilities so all the dealers participate.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
The best scenario is to deal with the Fleet or Internet manager. Call the dealer, get the name, call them directly. You can usually get all the info. by phone, and make an Appt. to see and or order the car you want, at the correct pricing..

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
From what I recall xplan is invoice - 200 or 250 bucks. Also there is no dealer doc fee when xplan pricing is involved. The dealer will still earn the holdback on the vehicle and some additional funds from ford for xplan pricing.

As stated its up to each dealer as to if they accept these pricing programs for a specific vehicle. One thing to remember is invoice and msrp pricing on a mustang is not that different.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
When purchasing on X Plan, you should be able to view the invoice. Dealers generally will honor on an xplan, and will have to lock in your pin upon use. As others have said, dealer fees and doc fees should be limited to $75.00.

On a mustang, X Plan is approx. 100-200 over invoice. On a F350 it is usually a dash below invoice if memory serves.

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
I also am purchasing using xplan and thought my quote was a little high unil someone explained the price I was given includes the $850 destination charge and a $500 fuel charge, that's why its so much higher than invoice.

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
So right before I went to order I called another Ford dealership and quoted them the price I was given but didn't tell them it was with X Plan.. they offered me invoice and no hidden processing fees. Great way to save about $200

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
Well actually it's a FDAF\Fuel charge.. from FMC for the local advertising and such. Everyone pays it. From my understanding the majority of the 500 is for the advertising and only a little bit goes to the fuel charge portion of it.

Last edited:

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
So right before I went to order I called another Ford dealership and quoted them the price I was given but didn't tell them it was with X Plan.. they offered me invoice and no hidden processing fees. Great way to save about $200

Werd.

Went to my local dealer and told the sales guy I have an Xplan PIN#.
He said to forget that and would sell it to me for invoice because Xplan
paperwork was a PITA.

GT500Noob

Established Member
Werd.

Went to my local dealer and told the sales guy I have an Xplan PIN#.
He said to forget that and would sell it to me for invoice because Xplan
paperwork was a PITA.

That is sweet, I need to find a dealer like that

I wish ford would give some type f documentation on the specifics of the plan.

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
That is sweet, I need to find a dealer like that

I wish ford would give some type f documentation on the specifics of the plan.

When I first went to my dealership asking if they took X plan they showed me a sheet for a V6 order that had invoice and all the plan prices listed so I know it's out there.

Users who are viewing this thread