XMP in Aliso Viejo still around?

SVTim

Beer Me!
Established Member
I work down the street from their shop. I havent seen the doors open in a while.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i was wondering the same thing

the aliso shop where they were at is vacant, i was there a couple weekends ago

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Before Eric Cheney started XMP he worked for Saleen and a Ford Dealership. His knowledge of mustangs was extensive, his work beyond reproach. A very cool guy……..Very approachable and accessible

The first few years of XMP customers stared lining up:

*People were happy with his work
*The only negative at the time was he opened shop real late (10am)

As time progressed:

*XMP started project cars and specializing in custom and high-end modified cars
*Regular customers started waited longer and longer for completion of their cars in shop
*Eric, started to get an attitude, no longer as approachable
*Seemed like Eric was more interested in the guys that handed him an open check to modify their cars
*There were complaints that were not handled or XMP did not take ownership

Previous customers did not come back, so on, so on, and so on…………………………………………..

Don’t know about the possible new location, but he would have to make a drastic change for people to even think about giving him another chance!!

The business he will get, will be newcomers that don’t know the shops past history

This is my experience and the numerous conversations on forums and people I have meet up with, that have had their cars at his shop.:shrug:

shanesimps

Established Member
As far as I am concerned I will NEVER waste time or money going there and highly advise others to stay away as well. Any time I tried to schedule something I'd wait there for 20-30 minutes just to talk to someone and then they would ALWAYS be 4-5 weeks out.

Once I requestedan h-pipe that's all, and they were 4 weeks out, for 1 hours worth of work ($80). Then they had my car for over a week b/c they couldn't get the part in. They also lost my keys, never would call me back and kept me out of the loop on everything. That was my second bad experience with them. To be fair, the work itself was never bad, I had gears put in as well and they had my car forever and kept pushing "it'll be done tomorrow, it'll be done tomorrow etc." but the work was fine. I drove 75 miles to CHICANE for suspension work and it was worth every mile. I am committed to Joe's care, commitment and service. And I live one mile from XMP!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
OCSnk said:
*XMP started project cars and specializing in custom and high-end modified cars
*Regular customers started waited longer and longer for completion of their cars in shop
*Seemed like Eric was more interested in the guys that handed him an open check to modify their cars

Seems like that's the trend once a shop becomes increasingly popular. They no longer want to waste time with a simple plug swap, and will only treat you right if your dropping $1,000s at a time.

I emailed Eric about 6 months ago inquiring about the D1 Mustang they built, and he responded with a LOT of info and was very friendly. Beyond that I've never dealt with them.

Users who are viewing this thread