Xtreme Horspower Shop

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Has anyone heard anything at all about Xtreme Horsepower in North Richland hills(dfw)?
I wanted to get gears done and havent heard anything about them. But i have heard that gearheads in arlington has whining gears sometimes.

AaronK

Established Member
I've been to both. Xtreme does some great work but I've never seen higher prices in my life. They are mainly LSX guys but they say they will work on anything. I have a friend that's getting his cobra done by them right now. I would go to HPP for sure. They have the best reputation for mustangs anywhere. You can't beat their customer service. gearheads are by far the worst shop I've ever gone to. and I've gone there a few times. I don't have one good thing to say about them. They've redone my gears twice now and their still leaking. They said they would fix it again but they keep putting me off. F**k gearheads!

HPP!!! :rockon:

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Arron everyone's opinion differs. You might not like them but they have treated me better then any other shop around... Now I was an HPP customer for about 3 years, I have bought a lot of stuff from them and they use to do the tune work on my car. For the most part everything was fine, But I started having tuning issues with the car that they couldn't ever get right at the time, and then all the shit talking about me behind my back really didn't set too well with me, that and all the old shit talking their employees use say awhile back towards me after I had a motor build at a different shop... I thought that was very immature, you see the way I look at it, I spend money everywhere and if someone has a part I need I'll get it from them. Well Travis got all the tuning on my car worked out and it started running perfect again, and he has always treated me good and taken care of anything I have ever needed... But all of that is all old news and now and I don't hold a grudge against anyone. As for your rear-end leaking have you set up an appointment for them to take a look at it? They are busy with cars but I'm sure they can fit you in there somewhere. Just talk to Travis. I haven't ever had any shop install gears for me, I've done them all my self and no whine or leaks. :) Just something to think about... Do everything your self and then you won't have anyone to bitch at but you and that way you will know it is done right and you might learn something on the way.

OP I haven't heard really anthing bad about extreme, but they are mainly a GM shop but I'm sure anyone can install gears. GHP doesn't send out cars with gears that whine. if they do they will put in a new set. Sometimes you do get bad sets of gears and sometimes it's the installer either way I really haven't heard of too many people that have had gears that whine. The cheaper motive gears sometimes whine and I have had that happen to me. Nothing about the install but just the way the gears are. So buy Ford Racing gears.. GHP is having a special on Ford Racing Gears installed for 379 I do believe. That does not include new bearings if you need them.

Last edited:

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
GHP doesn't send out cars with gears that whine. if they do they will put in a new set. Sometimes you do get bad sets of gears and sometimes it's the installer either way I really haven't heard of too many people that have had gears that whine. [/QUOTE

So it seems like they will fix the wrong. That is the one thing that would trouble me if they didnt. Plus it might be hard to hear over LM1's if it does exist.
Does the $375 include the gears. (their closed now :(

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
And jsut a thought, when i was reading that they leak i noticed that SRA folks all had pefet gears unlike IRS. it was just and observation

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
GHP doesn't send out cars with gears that whine. if they do they will put in a new set. Sometimes you do get bad sets of gears and sometimes it's the installer either way I really haven't heard of too many people that have had gears that whine. [/QUOTE

So it seems like they will fix the wrong. That is the one thing that would trouble me if they didnt. Plus it might be hard to hear over LM1's if it does exist.
Does the $375 include the gears. (their closed now :(

Yes that includes the gears, crush sleeve, fluid, new pinion nut and install

AaronK

Established Member
Post up a poll between gearheads and HPP and see who wins lol. You couldn't pay me to go back to gearheads... They said they would fix my rear end leak on dfwstangs.net because a finally said something bad about them, and guess what, it's not fixed. I've set up two different times and they've backed out. I'll fix it myself dammit!

Dan, your car is one of my favorite cars out there right now, and I know gearheads had a lot to do with it. But DAMN they've treated me like shit and I'm tired of dealing with their lies.

PS: this is one of many bad experiances I've had there.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Post up a poll between gearheads and HPP and see who wins lol. You couldn't pay me to go back to gearheads... They said they would fix my rear end leak on dfwstangs.net because a finally said something bad about them, and guess what, it's not fixed. I've set up two different times and they've backed out. I'll fix it myself dammit!

Dan, your car is one of my favorite cars out there right now, and I know gearheads had a lot to do with it. But DAMN they've treated me like shit and I'm tired of dealing with their lies.

PS: this is one of many bad experiances I've had there.

Sorry to hear that Aaron. Did you speak to Chris or Travis? Personally I usually deal with Travis up there because sometimes I tell Chris shit and he forgets about it... You know me, when I want something done I want it then, there, and now. I don't like waiting for things... I'm very impatient, I guess that is why I like to work on my own car. Most of the time it will only take me a little bit of my time to fix what I need done. BTW I just about got all of my fuel system parts together, and I have all the turbo parts so my car will be going under the knife very soon. I'm going to build all the hot and cold parts my self. I'm just going to tack weld everything at home with the mig, then take all the piping to work and use our tig welder up here to finish everything off. I'm really looking forward to actually doing this build my self. I can't wait..

AaronK

Established Member
Sorry to hear that Aaron. Did you speak to Chris or Travis? Personally I usually deal with Travis up there because sometimes I tell Chris shit and he forgets about it... You know me, when I want something done I want it then, there, and now. I don't like waiting for things... I'm very impatient, I guess that is why I like to work on my own car. Most of the time it will only take me a little bit of my time to fix what I need done. BTW I just about got all of my fuel system parts together, and I have all the turbo parts so my car will be going under the knife very soon. I'm going to build all the hot and cold parts my self. I'm just going to tack weld everything at home with the mig, then take all the piping to work and use our tig welder up here to finish everything off. I'm really looking forward to actually doing this build my self. I can't wait..

Yeah, I think I'm just done working with them. I tried to give them another chance and still nothing... Anyways, I was wondering where you were last night, there was some bdj's drama lol. A bunch of ricer bs going on last night, you didn't miss anything at all. Keep me posted on your car. I'm probably going to be pulling my motor soon for some head work and some other crap. Know any one who does some decent head work? (don't say gearheads ;-)) lol I'm pretty sure I have some bad valve guides. I figured I'll just get them ported while their off.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Yeah, I think I'm just done working with them. I tried to give them another chance and still nothing... Anyways, I was wondering where you were last night, there was some bdj's drama lol. A bunch of ricer bs going on last night, you didn't miss anything at all. Keep me posted on your car. I'm probably going to be pulling my motor soon for some head work and some other crap. Know any one who does some decent head work? (don't say gearheads ;-)) lol I'm pretty sure I have some bad valve guides. I figured I'll just get them ported while their off.
Well the guy that ported my heads is in San Antonio but he is pretty good at it. He charges 800 bucks to P&P the heads and assemble them and ship them back to you. He hand ports everything and does a very good job. Scott will tell you different though he hated on that guys work for some damn reason, and his heads made more power then most people's CNC Ported heads. Why do you think you have a valve guide going out? Valve guides usually don't go bad at all. You can also call Boss330 racing out in Florda he does awesome work and his prices are not too bad either. I didn't feel like getting the car out last night, I still have the slicks on it and didn't want to chance the rain. So what kind of drama did I miss? I love talking shit to some of those dumb ass's out there. It is so fun.

Last edited:

AaronK

Established Member
Well the guy that ported my heads is in San Antonio but he is pretty good at it. He charges 800 bucks to P&P the heads and assemble them and ship them back to you. He hand ports everything and does a very good job. Scott will tell you different though he hated on that guys work for some damn reason, and his heads made more power then most people's CNC Ported heads. Why do you think you have a valve guide going out? Valve guides usually don't go bad at all. You can also call Boss330 racing out in Florda he does awesome work and his prices are not too bad either. I didn't feel like getting the car out last night, I still have the slicks on it and didn't want to chance the rain. So what kind of drama did I miss? I love talking shit to some of those dumb ass's out there. It is so fun.

When we installed my headers, Scott said he saw oil around number 7 I think. I also have a decent amount of smoke coming out of my tail pipes when I start the car. Mainly out the drivers side. I also have the wonderful head tick and 90,000 miles on my car. I just think it's time to go through them and replace the gaskets and studs while I'm at it. Being that my car was one of the first 03 cobras ever built, I would feel a lot better if I knew everything was ok with the heads before adding any more power. 800 sounds like an awesome price to me. I'm really not worried about a HP increase but it would be nice I guess.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
When we installed my headers, Scott said he saw oil around number 7 I think. I also have a decent amount of smoke coming out of my tail pipes when I start the car. Mainly out the drivers side. I also have the wonderful head tick and 90,000 miles on my car. I just think it's time to go through them and replace the gaskets and studs while I'm at it. Being that my car was one of the first 03 cobras ever built, I would feel a lot better if I knew everything was ok with the heads before adding any more power. 800 sounds like an awesome price to me. I'm really not worried about a HP increase but it would be nice I guess.
Aaron I would check your plugs and see if there is any oil around the tip of the plug. The only way oil is going to get on top of the piston is if it is bypassing the rings some how. You know #7 & #8 are the worst cylinders and they are the first to go. I would do a leak down and compression test just to make sure your not about to have a piston let go. Take it to the shop you use and have them do a leak down check on it. If it is leaking down you might want to save for some new pistons and rings. It will be easy to replace once the the motor is out anyway so mightest well do it so you can have a fresh motor.

Users who are viewing this thread