YAGP (yet another garage project)

2kbill

Established Member
Climbing on the bandwagon, I recently rehabbed my garage with paint, new lighting (2 8ft 110w x2 fixtures), cabinets, and Rustoleum Epoxy floor paint. Wish I had a lift, lol.

walls painted & lighting installed

DSC01743.JPG

Rustoleum floor paint

DSC01756.JPG

Cabinets up

DSC01762.JPG

Sleeping snake

DSC01763.JPG

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
WOW I started mine 2 years ago and am not done yet :lol1: it looks really good I did the rust oleoum florr but I need to change it I did like the vacum cleaner I have on in a different location, I really like the cabinets smart way to maximize space :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I guess I beter get hot befor old winter man gets here
Congrats

TRBO VNM

very nice bill. that is the floor I was thinking of doing. I buddy at work did it and loves it. I need to wait to do mine though. the concrete is suppose to cure for a while or something. puts me right into winter I believe. so it might be a next yrs project....dang it.

2kbill

Established Member
Thanks a lot guys, I picked the hottest and most humid week in August to do it, just my luck! Jason, ambient needs to be 60-65 degrees to apply. If your crete needs to cure, then next Spring after it warms up would be ideal. You won't have to do much prep.

TRBO VNM

2kbill said:
Thanks a lot guys, I picked the hottest and most humid week in August to do it, just my luck! Jason, ambient needs to be 60-65 degrees to apply. If your crete needs to cure, then next Spring after it warms up would be ideal. You won't have to do much prep.

Bill,

do you know how long you need to wait? 6 months puts me to february. would like to do it early november.

predator

Established Member
Looks very nice Bill! I like those wall cabinets. Once I get my back wall finished I want to do something like those too. :beer: Unfortunately, I didn't smooth finish my floor when I poured it. At the time it was to keep from slipping on oil, anti-freeze, etc. I am not sure if the epoxy paint will adhere to the surface of my concrete.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Looks REAL nice Bill. My shop has never been that clean. At some point in my life, I'll get it that nice. Keep an eye on the market place, because I'll find all the tools that I thought I'd lost and replaced...hehe.....

J.R.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yea, that floor is awesome. I paint mine gray every year and it looks good, but not like yours and the epoxy has much better wear life from what I hear.

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
The epoxy is great i had mine for two years and the only damage is my foot letting the clutch slip and leaving a black stain LOL. on the other hand I have had oil spills, brake fluid and all kinds of chemicals droped on the floor and is very easy to clean, mine needs redon I reccomend it for snall attached garage. Jason I know of another product that was offered on TV that is more on the industril side might work better for you. I will find some info and post it

2kbill

Established Member
Thanks again for the complements guys! Not sure how it would work with a non-smooth finish. The vinyl flecks actually give the finish some texture, I don't think we'll have a problem with slipping in the winter. They do have small glass beads that they can add to it for traction, but then the surface feels a bit like sandpaper which could be rough on bare feet and elbows when I'm under the car.

Jason, the data sheet says 28 days minimum. Check it out here.

The other product that I know of that is similar is ucoatit.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread