Yearly Maintenance items?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
So it's getting to be that time of year again, once a year i change the oil/filter, fuel filter, plugs, cabin air filter. Any other stuff you guys do, not on my list?

Clemson

Established Member
You change the fuel / cabin / and plugs every year? Damn son, how much do you drive that beast???

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
You change the fuel / cabin / and plugs every year? Damn son, how much do you drive that beast???

About 5k a year but it's pretty dusty down here plus i use a lot of octane booster. Just cheap/easy to swap maintenance items I'd rather change earlier then too late.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Rear diff fluid (Amsoil).

Imatk

Established Member
You guys know that there is a maintenance schedule in your owner's manual right?

Speedboosted

Established Member
I've got amsoil in there already but it's a few years old, do you change your annually?

Rear diff fluid is meant to last a long, long time even in performance applications. I wouldn't bother right now. I probably go through 3 sets of plugs a year at least. Fresh set before every race event. At $1.80 (TR6) a plug, it's not exactly expensive and I enjoy regularly seeing what the cylinders are doing.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You guys know that there is a maintenance schedule in your owner's manual right?

:nonono: You know we aren't stock, right?

Last edited:

Imatk

Established Member
:nonono: You know we aren't stock, right?

Neither am I but if you only drive your car 5k miles a year then you certainly don't need to be replacing fluid that calls for replacement at above 75k miles.

But hey it's your money have at it... won't try to help next time.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Haha you must not do track events. That's like every event for me. Full flush and motul 600 fluid.

That's why I said "at a minimum". Anytime you track or cook the brakes, you should bleed the system. Do you use a power bleeder? If so, how do you like it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread