Yeee ha FTVB +1 in my book, maybe not in the rain though

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
They shift like they mean to take care of business. Reminds you of the old shift kits people used to put in the old 3 speed autos and is basically what it is in a way. You will hardly notice the upgrade under light throttle; but when you nail it, it will hit 2nd and break the tires loose if they aren't already. The best bang for the $$$. Does take some getting use to in the rain.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Video Coming soon. Maybe tonight!

Bang is right. Mid throttle shifts, chirp the rears on the 1/2, and hit pretty hard in the 2/3 3/4

Full throttle shifts (around 45 I think) lays a good patch of rubber (can get smoke if you are going slow enough) for 2 to 3 seconds on the 1/2 if the tires are not spinning. 2/3 chirps 3/4 just feels like a boot to the ass. It makes the truck feel like I'm driving Will's Whippled/built truck.

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
TucsonPred said:
Video Coming soon. Maybe tonight!

Bang is right. Mid throttle shifts, chirp the rears on the 1/2, and hit pretty hard in the 2/3 3/4

Full throttle shifts (around 45 I think) lays a good patch of rubber (can get smoke if you are going slow enough) for 2 to 3 seconds on the 1/2 if the tires are not spinning. 2/3 chirps 3/4 just feels like a boot to the ass. It makes the truck feel like I'm driving Will's Whippled/built truck.

Im a mustang guy..thats where I got my "performance" start.
But on my AOD even tho I had that damn thing built a WOT shift 3-4 was a huge no no! Is the 4r100 tranny thats in these trucks different some how to take that kind of abuse?

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
so i had 10 sheets of durarock in my truck for the past month. I finally decided to take it to lowes today to return. I had problems doing burnouts last couple of times i tried but then today, i thought id try it again. sure enough, i roasted whats left of my nittos at the lowes parking lot. :lol: Then i once again felt the truck chirp 1/2 with all that weight gone. Weird id always thought more weight in the back is better. THe point is, I still cant get over how awesome the vb mod is.

Here is the first day I drove the L with the VB :-D Good times!

http://fordmuscleracingep.com/ltest2.MPG

AZ ERIK

Established Member
Mai did you run out of gas so that's why you cut off around 60? I couldn't help but notice the gas gauge was as burried as your foot!.

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
:eek: :lol: I made it home fine. I was actually about 2 miles from the gas station. I didnt cut off till 80 either, but since I was the camera person, it was kind of hard.

Oh also did you set it firmer with your tuner? Is it supposed to be set back to stock setting? Im getting a tuner soon so was wondering how you fix it

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Snakestress said:
so i had 10 sheets of durarock in my truck for the past month. I finally decided to take it to lowes today to return. I had problems doing burnouts last couple of times i tried but then today, i thought id try it again. sure enough, i roasted whats left of my nittos at the lowes parking lot. :lol: Then i once again felt the truck chirp 1/2 with all that weight gone. Weird id always thought more weight in the back is better. THe point is, I still cant get over how awesome the vb mod is.

Here is the first day I drove the L with the VB :-D Good times!

http://fordmuscleracingep.com/ltest2.MPG

LOL is that way the hell out there on like dyer going out to new mexico? that road looks familiar..then again most roads with desert here look familiar.
However...i am gonna have to buy this damn thing now :)

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
if you go up martin luther king all the way out to chaparral nm, thats the place. theres a road where the power company is.. thats where i go out to "test drive" all the time. :-D

AZ ERIK

Established Member
I double checked everything once installed and from what I can tell it's all set to stock(everything in the PRedator says stock), but this shouldn't be the case as Ryan said the last tune had my old style shift duration and pressure(for all I know this could be snake oil that I was sold on the first time, I know the shifts were different than stock, but that's it, the rest was a secret). I've got to run through it again as even if I'm coasting into 2nd I feel the hit. It feels like I'm driving Wills truck. I will be driving to PHX Saturday so I think I'll have tie before I run up there to double check it.

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
The first few hundred miles I noticed that even under normal driving conditions (very rarely happens with me behind the wheel :-D ) it shifted really hard. However as I put more miles, it seems to have calmed down a bit but still firm and quick at WOT

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Snakestress said:
if you go up martin luther king all the way out to chaparral nm, thats the place. theres a road where the power company is.. thats where i go out to "test drive" all the time. :-D

my next question was "near the electric company?" ha ha.
this thing seems be the the Baumann shift kit for the L's...i think ill be happy once i pick one up.
Was gonna order pay day, but some dick car doored my passenger door and now ill be paying to fix that right quick!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Just ordered mine. I saw a post where some people were talking about it changing after the first few hundred miles, I assume this is unhooking the battery for a while to let the computer reset itself and "re-learn" it's shifting habits?

Can't wait for this thing to get here.

Users who are viewing this thread