Yet another day dealing with my incompetent parts dept at ford....

Dusten

Established Member
Well, they called me this morning. The third brake light was in, fog light too. They are going to inspect the front end and do the clunk washer tsb. So, i dropped the truck and they called me a few hours later. Umm, we got the foglight, but it doesnt look right, can you come down hrere? I go down there, and its a square....
The parts guy spend 5 minutes arguing with me, that this is the updated light. I kindly walk him out to my truck, show him the round hole, hand him the square light and said, "Have a blast getting it to fit". He says, i dont know what to tell ya, this is the only part number. I get on the phone with my dads best friend, a ford parts manager. I gave him the part number for the fog they had, and its for a super duty. He asks for my vin and 5 minutes later, gives me the correct part number for my fog light. It'll be here in a few days... joy.
On a side note, i am trying to work a deal on a 2003 Black Convertible Termi, 11,000 miles. Bone stock.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
That sucks, the local ford dealer has a pretty good parts department guy, but he's been there a LONG time. I've goten quite a few factory misc. parts without any issues, knock on wood I guess.

Sorry to hear your bad luck Dusten.

SVT Knight

Established Member
if you dont have the part # or the part it self in hand. Dont bother!!! cuz in my case they didnt know what the plenum was??. they actually pulled up a pic of a cobra supercharger!!

Dusten

Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Did you call and talk to Marshall Tucker today??
i most surely did.

SVT Knight said:
if you dont have the part # or the part it self in hand. Dont bother!!! cuz in my case they didnt know what the plenum was??. they actually pulled up a pic of a cobra supercharger!!

they had the part off the truck.... they said this is the new number

Skrapmetal

Established Member
The dealership I purchased my truck from was the same way. Took them four tries to find the right magazine for the cd changer because they were too stupid to order it from the VIN.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
He said someone called for me while I was out. As soon as i saw this post I knew it had to be you.

Dusten

Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
He said someone called for me while I was out. As soon as i saw this post I knew it had to be you.
Ya, i knew you sold lights, but i werent sure if they were aftermarket or OEM, so i was going to get the part number.

Users who are viewing this thread