yet another EATON question. can it handle it.

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
well, i want more boost. just cant have enough. heres the problem. on my stock block i made 18# of boost. i had a 6# lower, ported eaton, & C&L plenum, with some boltons & full exhaust.
know with my built motor i made 12# with the same set up. so i added a 8# lower & made a total of 14#.
so my question is,if i add a 2# upper , will it spin way to hard & burn the blower up. i hear that ported EATONS are maxed out at 16#. is that for a built motor too.
thanx,
-Chuck

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Let me see if i can find the blower RPM chart. Im sure your over spinning the hell out of it already.. Why dont you add some juice?

rem177

Established Member
paulwalker1.jpg

you need two of the big bottles.

Dusten

Established Member
Chux, it really isnt the boost that maxes out a blower, it is rpms, like stated above. You are seeing less boost due to less restrictions in the engine. You have an 8lb lower and a stock upper? I would bet on the high rpm end, you are over spinning the blower

203Cree

Established Member
Let's see here. I love math.

9.5 / 2.93 = a pulley ratio of 3.24

3.24 x 5400 = 17,496 blower RPM with your current setup.

Now with the 2.8 you'd see 18,306 Blower rpm. I'd say yes, that's over spinning the shit out of it, lol.

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
203Cree said:
Let's see here. I love math.

9.5 / 2.93 = a pulley ratio of 3.24

3.24 x 5400 = 17,496 blower RPM with your current setup.

Now with the 2.8 you'd see 18,306 Blower rpm. I'd say yes, that's over spinning the shit out of it, lol.
thanx.
oh well. i got a NX kit coming next week. 100 shot baby. time for a new dyo video.
twin screw in a couple months.

Derek2001

Established Member
Ill be running an 8lb lower and probably 2.8 upper. I'll let you know how that works, but thats really not much more aggressive than what you have. I too will consider a small shot, but I'll wait till summer to think about that. Maybe KB's will be a good bit cheaper by then.

Users who are viewing this thread