yet another problem with the L!! Damn!

SVT99RED

Established Member
Ok this is for those of you that have widebands or have expirenced this. Okay as you guys know I just installed a kb 2.6 yada yada .. Now while I was getting dyno tuned my tuner said he thought i had a fuel pump going out so we put a gauge on it and it turned out ok. Now while at a cruz or at a idle the air/fuel ratio will sit at 10-11.whatever then after a while it will climb to 13-14 whatever and wont come down until I give it some gas then sometimes it wont come down very far until I get going. Also same thing happens when at a cruz with the same amount of gas it will be at 10-12 then go to 13-15 for a while until I give it more gas. At WOT it stays where it supposed to be 11.8ish. So I am thinking it is a relay going out or a pump going out? loose fuel line? cracked tee? I changed the fuel filter less that 2000 miles ago. Also I think I have been expirencing this for some time now cause as soon as it does that lean thing it throws a lean code. And before I had the wideband it would throw the lean code and I would clear it thinking that the wire I tapped the lightshow into got damp or something... Sorry about the spelling and the long write up any input would be great!! Trying to get fixed by sunday to run at battle of the imports!! ha ha:rollseyes

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Normal. When cruising (closed loop mode) the PCM commands 14.7 a/f and when under moderate to hard accel the PCM commands open loop mode and schedules whatever a/f that's written into your tune through the maf transfer.

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
+1 to what Fade just said.

Just installed my innovate wideband last night.

14.6-15.0 idle and cruise

11.6-12.4 at WOT

20+ when letting off the gas abruptly when doing 65+mph

Dusten

Established Member
As i read through your post, i was thinking what both of these guys just posted. Your cruise, and idle a/f should be a bit lean.

SVT99RED

Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
Normal. When cruising (closed loop mode) the PCM commands 14.7 a/f and when under moderate to hard accel the PCM commands open loop mode and schedules whatever a/f that's written into your tune through the maf transfer.

Good nice to know. Thanks alot! I am just a little anal cause I really dont want this thing to blow! Thanks alot everyone!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread