You electrical/audio guys

RampRolla

Established Member
I have just ordered a thunderform sub box with MTX 8000's in it. I know the subs are 300 a piece on RMS and 800 watts max. Since I am running the two subs I really need a amp recommendation. If you guys could steer me in the right direction so I dont wast my money that would be great. Also, if I recall the thunderform box has one speaker outlet on the back. Does that mean both subs are wired together coming out of that one port and I can run a single channel amp?

Britt

lightning666

Established Member
just dont buy a crappy amplifier, get a kicker, memphis, or JLaudio. I have had all of those and they all work very well.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
I have a RF 800A2 that does the job just fine and yes subs are wired together or atleast mine were and are. Base is non-directional so there is no left or right

203Cree

Established Member
Yeah, look at something that's got good power brigded (sp). You'll need it. I had a great little amp that sounded perfect with two boxes. When I switched to the TF box, it didn't sound too hot, lol.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
+1 to what 203Cree said.

Make sure you bridge the amp.
I have an Audiobahn amp, it's pretty good, main I reason I got it was due to the outside with the blue neons and flamed chrome body. Punch makes some kick ass amps. Had a kicker amp, and that thing rocked.

Here's the audibahn I had and it was a killer amp and looked good too
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/A-22...tegoryZ38638QQihZ011QQitemZ320051380506QQrdZ1

illness

Established Member
I'd look into something like a 1000 watt mono Kicker amp... I have a mono Kicker and 2 channel JLaudio amp.. I wouldn't buy anything else other than the 2..

RampRolla

Established Member
Well since each sub has 300 rms for a total of 600 so dont I want an amp with a minimum of 600 rms? I assume it works that way correct? I have been looking at some MTX amps as well. Are they not so hot?

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
Theres few differences between alot of amps, just cause they say 1000 watts or more doesnt mean it put thats put remember that. A amp thats 400 500 could perform better then the one thats rated at "1000", the numbers means shit.

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
I am powering a single 10" dual voice coil PROBOX brand sub in a Probox superbass ported enclosure, with a Alphasonic pmz-600a amp.

the subs voice coils are 4ohm and I have each channel of the amp powering each coil seperatly, in effect putting 150 watts to each coil for a total of 300 watts to the sub.....let me tell you it pounds like a pair of 12"s, absolutley anyone who sits in the truck is in utter disbelief when i tell them it's only one 10" with 300 watts, and the clarity is as good at it gets especially considering the nature of a ported enclosure.

Last edited:

203Cree

Established Member
ChuteboxeL03 said:
Theres few differences between alot of amps, just cause they say 1000 watts or more doesnt mean it put thats put remember that. A amp thats 400 500 could perform better then the one thats rated at "1000", the numbers means shit.

Absolutely right. The best sounding amp I've had yet was my little Blaupunkt, lol. It was rated 125 RMS 2 channel, 300 bridged. It pushed so clean it wasn't even funny.

Bigredmk86

2002 Lightning
Established Member
I just bought my Kicker 750 watt mono channel from pricegrabber.com. It normally runs 500.00 bucks, but I got it for 160 with shipping. Refurbished of coarse, but it is refurbished by kicker, so I don't have a problem with that. It is an awesome website. I also got my two 10" solo beric L7's off of there for around 120 a piece, and those normally run 300 to 350 a piece.

Users who are viewing this thread