you guys with the billet grilles

ShaneN.

Established Member
sorry guys, another thread...... i'm just about to click order on ebay for that carraige grille i just want to know what i'm getting into before hand...

Does the stock grille (upper and lower) bolt off? I'm not sure that I want to do it if I have to cut out the grilles.

Also, anyone have any information on attaching the blue oval onto it? and can i use the stock ford emblem?

thanks guys.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
yes the stock grills just unscrew
not sure about the emblem though i think you may have to get one
p.s. i want yours if you dont keep them;-)

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
The Ford emblem will unbolt. It has two plastic shafts that stick through the grill and have some sort of metal nuts that screw onto the shafts. :beer: Went through this with my 01 L and SS grilles. I also have my stock lower grille from my 01 if anyone is interested, will sell cheap just to get rid of it.

Last edited:

ShaneN.

Established Member
Originally posted by The Orphaner
The Ford emblem will unbolt. It has two plastic shafts that stick through the grill and have some sort of metal nuts that screw onto the shafts. :beer: Went through this with my 01 L and SS grilles. I also have my stock lower grille from my 01 if anyone is interested, will sell cheap just to get rid of it.
AWESOME, that's the info i'm looking for! so if i order the works grille and take off the emblem i'm well on my way. now all i need to know is how you guys attached it onto the grille!

i was looking and tim skeltons page and he has the grillcraft grills so the shafts stuck through the holes and i think he bent them over. i wonder how they stay on the horizontal bar-style grille. :shrug:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by ShaneN.
my stock grills? why not go with a billet one?
i dont want any chrome on my truck
and icant find an aftermarket that i like, although i like how tims truck looks

ShaneN.

Established Member
are the trenz and works carraige grille basically the same looking?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread