You need a dealer like I have

whitegt500

Established Member
No money down, @ MSRP!!!! :banana: My family has been going to the same Ford dealer for about 15 years now. He took me for a ride in his Ford GT when he got it before he put it away. A year ago I asked him to call me when he heard if he was going to get this car or not. In Feb or March my phone rang and he said he was getting 2 of them. He said one was mine if I wanted it. The other one he has sold for MSRP as well. He doesnt sell for over sticker at all. I picked color and told him every option and he caled the other day and told me it would be here in July. Granted I have been calling him like every other week to see if he heard anything sence I talked to him in march. Now thats how it should be!!! I went up to another Ford dealer and they told me there was 13 people in line and 5 of them had money down on the car and they were only getting 2. now why would you have some one sit on your money when the chances are you wont get the car???? HE also said it was going to be over MSRP but he didn't know how much over.

whitegt500

Established Member
I under stand that. I just had to post it because every one was bi*ching about dealers. There are a few VERY few good ones out there. Find the ones out in the sticks. Those guys don't seem to be as greedy but I could be wrong.

mrGT

Established Member
Loyalty appears to only goes one way...the customer is only loyal if they can get the vehicle at a lowest price possible .... I don't call that loyalty.

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
It's nice to see FORD dealerships with good people and reputable owners. This kind of dealership will have customers for life buying new cars and coming back for regular service. Thanks for a great post!!! :beer:

mike351c

I hope these "good" dealers don't change their minds. Last December I went to the Ford dealer where my family has been buying cars since the 40's. They agreed to start a list with me at no.1 if I was willing to pay sticker. I've never paid sticker in my life, but I was willing to do so for this car. Went in to order last week: "Sorry but the owner didn't realize how much the demand would be for the Shelby's. We've done away with the list and all cars will be sold by sealed bids." So long Ford, hello Corvette!

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
mike351c said:
I hope these "good" dealers don't change their minds. Last December I went to the Ford dealer where my family has been buying cars since the 40's. They agreed to start a list with me at no.1 if I was willing to pay sticker. I've never paid sticker in my life, but I was willing to do so for this car. Went in to order last week: "Sorry but the owner didn't realize how much the demand would be for the Shelby's. We've done away with the list and all cars will be sold by sealed bids." So long Ford, hello Corvette!

I have been all over the Mustang boards on the internet and your experience is fairly typical. It looks my next car is a 2008 Challenger.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
OKC03Cobra said:
I have been all over the Mustang boards on the internet and your experience is fairly typical. It looks my next car is a 2008 Challenger.

+ 1 :rockon: I just saw pics of the Challenger, thats going to be a awsome car !!

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
yeah because im sure there wont be any dealer mark ups the challenger. they will probably sell them at invoice, give 0% for 72 months and a $5,000 rebate and free maintenance fo life on the first built cars.

Pique

Established Member
whitegt500:

I'm in St. Louis and have a PowerLease option that I'd love to exercise locally. Can I ask who the dealer is? I went to the region's largest Mustang dealer and they're obviously not very excited about having my business despite having bought two Mustangs from them already (2000 GT and 2004 Cobra). If I can't find a cooperative local dealer, my money's likely to go to California.

(I'm sure it's prohibited to name dealers by name here in the public forum, but please feel free to send me an email by clicking on my name. Thanks much!)

Last edited:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
99.9% of dealers suck. MSRP is the biggest rip off ever. Forexample, Chevy will post the MSRP for 38k on a brand new Suburban and next to that sticker will be a sign that says $5k off the MSRP!!! Therefore, the average Joe Public (and lets face it, majority of the public is not financialy smart) sees this and says "wow, what a great deal honey, lets buy one!" They "try" to negotiate and get the typical answer from the dealer "We gave you 5k off sticker price!" and then you are bent over and loobed up with KY Jelly. I know many many of my friends who did some dealer sales, its very shady, that is the truth. Glad you found one that wasn't, but then again, a customer for 15 years, he has bent you over so many times that he probably felt guilty for trying to "own" you on this GT500. I call it how I see it......

Dave

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
dtheo said:
99.9% of dealers suck. MSRP is the biggest rip off ever. Forexample, Chevy will post the MSRP for 38k on a brand new Suburban and next to that sticker will be a sign that says $5k off the MSRP!!! Therefore, the average Joe Public (and lets face it, majority of the public is not financialy smart) sees this and says "wow, what a great deal honey, lets buy one!" They "try" to negotiate and get the typical answer from the dealer "We gave you 5k off sticker price!" and then you are bent over and loobed up with KY Jelly. I know many many of my friends who did some dealer sales, its very shady, that is the truth. Glad you found one that wasn't, but then again, a customer for 15 years, he has bent you over so many times that he probably felt guilty for trying to "own" you on this GT500. I call it how I see it......

Dave

if you are an un educated consumer then ignorance comes into play with that mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread