You polish your C/B, I polish my Headers.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
all of you asking how this is done:

Go the the hardware store and buy some 200, 400, 800, 1000, 2000 grit wet sand paper and start rubbin!!! You will have to do it in stages, and then once done polish with some type of metal polish (e.g. Mothers). Search 04Sleeper, as he has one of the best looking cat backs on here.

Or if you degrease your catback and it is not full of road grime, you can just use the polish part and you will get a similar result. I will tell you that you won't have a mirror finish going this route, but it is good enough for most people.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
I didn't use any sand paper, I used a floor mount 6" grinder with a buffing wheel mounted on it. Tried this polish called Mibro #6, got it at Lowe's Home Improvement. It comes in a stick. Turn the buffer on and hit the buffing wheel with the polish then put the part against the buffing wheel, it will build heat into the metal then I would just stick the polish stick on the metal and let it melt onto the part. Then just buff away. It takes time, a lot of time. I'm doing a cat-back. I'll post some pic of it up soon.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I didn't use any sand paper, I used a floor mount 6" grinder with a buffing wheel mounted on it. Tried this polish called Mibro #6, got it at Lowe's Home Improvement. It comes in a stick. Turn the buffer on and hit the buffing wheel with the polish then put the part against the buffing wheel, it will build heat into the metal then I would just stick the polish stick on the metal and let it melt onto the part. Then just buff away. It takes time, a lot of time. I'm doing a cat-back. I'll post some pic of it up soon.

I was refering to the guy who said how do you do this "I want to do my catback".

Must be nice having a buffing wheel, mine is my right shoulder......

M240Bravo

Established Member

I've got some good sealant/protectant that prevents tarnish and discoloring.

What was it, the mibro #6? Also whats a 6" grinder with buffer look like?

And I now know what I'm doing on leave from Iraq.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Thats looks great!

Will you post a pic of your tools, compounds and sealants. Just all that you use to get to that.

Users who are viewing this thread