You want to get a good laugh.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Go over to www.Z06vette.com and search for 2003 Cobra in all forums. There is some serious critiscm of Ford. There are a couple of dudes very complementive of the 03. But most really slam it and write it off. But, I can read between the lines, you know how a dude chuckles and says he's not worried as he looks over his shoulder. One guy was bragging about how $2k in mods and the 03 will be getting 450 at the crank. This Z06 guy chimes in and says oh yeah, I can put $6k in my Z06 and get 450 rwhp :eek: . I'm scared stupid I guess.

Last edited:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
What kills me is how critical they are of Ford and Mustangs especially the 03 Cobra. You'd think that people that have the kind of money, education and age would have more class. They are a lot worse than the dudes on LS1.com. I rarely ever see anyone on a Mustang board just bash hell out of GM products. There's something I found out everytime I run into a CObra owner, maturity and class.

Even when a few started to believe that the 03 will be competitive to the Z06, that's when they jumped on the out handling BS. Number one, I doubt 10 percent of the people driving Z06's have driving skills that even come close to the cars ability. Number two, not that I think I'm Dale Ernhardt, I'd bet a months pay that less than 10 percent of people driving a Z06 could stay close to me in the 01 Cobra I just sold going up an infamous road here in W. NC that winds it's way up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. When I first moved up here from Fla., I had a Trans Am and I thought I could drive. I got a real good lesson from a dude in a '85 T-Bird that left my ass like I was standing still. All I remember seeing is how far his car was drifting as he went through one hell of a curve and I was standing on the binders. It deflated the hell out of my ego. I have 10 years of riding up here now including sport bikes so I'll take a Z06 driver on any day and show him what a good old boy can do.

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by Yellow Horse
What kills me is how critical they are of Ford and Mustangs especially the 03 Cobra. You'd think that people that have the kind of money, education and age would have more class. They are a lot worse than the dudes on LS1.com. I rarely ever see anyone on a Mustang board just bash hell out of GM products. There's something I found out everytime I run into a CObra owner, maturity and class.

Even when a few started to believe that the 03 will be competitive to the Z06, that's when they jumped on the out handling BS. Number one, I doubt 10 percent of the people driving Z06's have driving skills that even come close to the cars ability. Number two, not that I think I'm Dale Ernhardt, I'd bet a months pay that less than 10 percent of people driving a Z06 could stay close to me in the 01 Cobra I just sold going up an infamous road here in W. NC that winds it's way up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. When I first moved up here from Fla., I had a Trans Am and I thought I could drive. I got a real good lesson from a dude in a '85 T-Bird that left my ass like I was standing still. All I remember seeing is how far his car was drifting as he went through one hell of a curve and I was standing on the binders. It deflated the hell out of my ego. I have 10 years of riding up here now including sport bikes so I'll take a Z06 driver on any day and show him what a good old boy can do.

I tend to agree with you on the bashing issue. I don't think I have ever said a bad word about a Z06. I respect the car for what it is. No need to rehase that. The funny thing is, your right, most would have a hard time keeping up. They no longer have reflexes from lifting those latte's all day. That guy in the 85 T-bird was probably the son of a moonshiner just practicing up to impress his dad..lol...j/k

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread