Your Opinions

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
How do you guys like the Mach 1's??? I was about to get an 03 cobra but now must get a Mach 1 and wanted to see what you thought. Any issues or TSB's like the cobras? Thanks

TXRickC

Established Member
TSB's? have not seen anything yet for the wife's Mach 1.

Do have a clunk when the A/C is on, it comes from under dash area on pass. side. Very annoying at times. The '03 6-banger rental stang I had did same thing. Thats it for now, 7 months old now

N20D5OH

Established Member
The only problem I had them look at while it was in for service was the same thing. When the compressor engages it clunks pretty loud. They told me they adjusted the clutch gap, but I still notice it. Other than that and the seat squeak I haven't had a problem at all and absolutely love the car. :)

Zate

Established Member
had ther same adjustment done as above.. i cant hear mine..

i am having some issues with the tranny.. a few others are too.. but its a very small amount that are having issues.

you cant go wrong with the mach1..its no 03 in terms of raw power.. but has TONS of character.. and its not that far behind a stock 03 in performance.. the 03 gets better bang for the $$ in mods though..

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
I had the tranny problem, passenger seat problem and a problem with my abs sensors. The tranny took a while but the seat and abs problems were easy fixes. Good luck with yours!

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
1-2 was hard and grinding 2-3rd.

1st trip: They replaced 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 syncros and replaced 3rd gear

2nd trip: Replaced input and output seals(It was leaking fluid pretty bad and they could not figure out where it was coming from)

3rd trip: Still leaking bad. They replaced the casing. It still leaks, not bad enough for me to let them have my car again. They do know about the leak.

Added a Hurst billet-plus shifter and I have no problems shifting now.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Not nearly as sweet as an '03, but sweet nonetheless. Did you happen to roll with us during the SoCal Terminator Beach Cruise? Oxford White one?

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
Great car

Mach 1 's are great cars bang for the buck:burnout: With some modifications I t can scare the $hit out of some F- bodies and give an stock 03Cobra a run for it's money.;-)

Fred:)

G-Primo

Established Member
Tough decision

I would have to say....Mach 1 over 03 cobra. I have had the opertunity to drive both...Love each one. My dad ownes a Mach and older brother a 03 cobra. For sher performance....the cobra is a blast. Makes me feel like I am king of the Road, but hard to justify 35K. Where as the Mach is more in my price range. It is very fast in comparison to my 02 GT. Not to mention a cool shaker up front. It is all about what you like and can afford. I would love to owne a New Competion Orange Mach.

One day.....

I would love to see a New BOSS Mustang in the next go around.

I would surley have to buy one.

Zate

Established Member
yeah..have to agree.. i'd love to see a limited edition Boss 5.0 4V .. i'd be tempted to trade themach in on that..hehe.. (plans for the mach1 to go 5.0 anyhow)

Zate

Established Member
Originally posted by Tweaker
Mach if you want an auto otherwise Cobra for a few bucks more.

a few $ more ?

29K vs 36K.. thats 7K more.

or for me.. 26.5K vs 32.6K (Xplan)

either way.. thats alot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread