Your thoughts on the SCT PRP

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
I guess i'll start this thread by stating why i'm going to learn how to use this software. After a number of failed attempts to get my tuner to respond back to me about datalogging and other various reasons, i've decided to just learn how to do it myself. I've always wanted to learn how to do it, so there is no better time than now to learn.

My question's:

1. Simply how well do you like it (damnit PIT just scored another touchdown)?
2. How indepth does the manual go?
3. Would you try a different software now that you've used sct's?
4. What's the learning curve?

BOB, i know your out there.

chiz

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have, like it, and never use it. There is a definite learning curve, but the manual in very helpful. I suggest you buy it from a tuner that will answer the phone and help you build your base tunes.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
lol, sid there is no doubt i will talk to a number of different tuner's to find out which one is serious about helping their customers.

Why don't you use it?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I haven't changed anything on the truck that would require a retune in a while. The only thing I want to change now is a few shift points to better mesh with the areas I drive in.

JollyGiant

Established Member
I have it and use it. It is a very complete tool for tuning.

The learning curve is steep but there is help out there.

The manual is worth about a 3 on the helpful scale.

I would highly recommend the Lasota Racing training CD if you are serious about learning the software. I would give it about a 7 or 8 on the helpful scale. http://www.lasotaracing.com/

I just completed a hands on training course in Las Vegas that brought all the info I had gained previously together and I feel like I actually have a clue at this point.

The LaSota CD teaches you how to tune but the course I just finished taught me why I do these things.

Users who are viewing this thread