Yup, something else broke

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
Well a few days ago the hub for my crank pulley came right off the car while I was driving. Luckily the belt saved it from falling to the ground. I just got the harmonic balancer off today and all 3 bolts are snapped and are in the balancer.

I was able to remove two of them but one of them is not coming out. I've tried everything but it wont budge. I've got no idea why this happened but hopefully I can find a way to get the last bolt out tomorrow or I am going to have to order a new harmonic balancer on Monday. Anyone know of a light weight version?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I wouldn't get a light weight balancer man....they are a specific weight for a reason. lol.

You can get the bolt out, but you'll probably need a welder.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Sucks to hear about the part breaking. If it makes you feel better, I saw a Cobra on a roll back on the way home from OC. Front end was crushed!

TRBO VNM

you can get a SFI certified balancer, but they are big bucks. not sure if they are lighter or not.

BTW, how did you get it off?

04yellowcobra

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
BTW, how did you get it off?

Crow bar haha

Jon, drill it out and helicoil it. And when you put it back together make sure you use the proper torque specs with a torque wrench that is still in calibration.

Later

Users who are viewing this thread