Z06 and WS6 againt a weak ass GT...

joegt38

Established Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO!!!!

The other day I was going to pick up my girl and Im gettin on I55 with what I though was a C5 vette behind me, nope it was a Z06 with the 405 badge . I look over to change lanes and he slams it and flys by me, I was like dayum. So I notice he slows down and waits for me, now were next to each other and only doing like 15-20 on the xpress way. He nods and BTW he was an old man like atleast in his 60s, we both take off at the same time and I instantly pull a car and I was creeping on another 1/2 car to a full car and he backed off at around 105 or so. I waited for him to catch up and he did but just gave me thumbs up, I guess he didn't want to run again.

Now for the punk in the WS6, after I pick up my girl we were going to best buy and a loud as hell WS6 pulls next to me....... Wait wait I must xplain first when I ran the Z0 I had my flip switch on setting # 2 with is 7% more fuel then my last dyno run which was over 400HP to the wheels, I was runnin about 37? against the Z0. When I picked up the girl I told her but I also told her I puttin it on settin 0 which is the high HP tune (settin #0 no added fuel, #1 5% more fuel, #2 7% more fuel).
Now back to the WS6, he pulls next to me and we had the window down and he said "damn GTs are weak, I'll eat that things up", I said yeah you probably will..... he said on 3 beep beep beep, were off he didn't have a prayer I pulled him so hard it wasn't funny. I actually had to back off and peddel it at 70mph cause it was gettin squerally on me. After that he wouldn't even pull next to me at all, my girl said what was he thinking isn't that car slower then the vette you beat a week ago (that was a c5 I think I scared with the noise of my car)...

I wish I knew the guy with the WS6, but I wasn't going to wait for him to catch up

gnxs

Established Member
joegt38 said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO!!!!

The other day I was going to pick up my girl and Im gettin on I55 with what I though was a C5 vette behind me, nope it was a Z06 with the 405 badge . I look over to change lanes and he slams it and flys by me, I was like dayum. So I notice he slows down and waits for me, now were next to each other and only doing like 15-20 on the xpress way. He nods and BTW he was an old man like atleast in his 60s, we both take off at the same time and I instantly pull a car and I was creeping on another 1/2 car to a full car and he backed off at around 105 or so. I waited for him to catch up and he did but just gave me thumbs up, I guess he didn't want to run again.

Now for the punk in the WS6, after I pick up my girl we were going to best buy and a loud as hell WS6 pulls next to me....... Wait wait I must xplain first when I ran the Z0 I had my flip switch on setting # 2 with is 7% more fuel then my last dyno run which was over 400HP to the wheels, I was runnin about 37? against the Z0. When I picked up the girl I told her but I also told her I puttin it on settin 0 which is the high HP tune (settin #0 no added fuel, #1 5% more fuel, #2 7% more fuel).
Now back to the WS6, he pulls next to me and we had the window down and he said "damn GTs are weak, I'll eat that things up", I said yeah you probably will..... he said on 3 beep beep beep, were off he didn't have a prayer I pulled him so hard it wasn't funny. I actually had to back off and peddel it at 70mph cause it was gettin squerally on me. After that he wouldn't even pull next to me at all, my girl said what was he thinking isn't that car slower then the vette you beat a week ago (that was a c5 I think I scared with the noise of my car)...

I wish I knew the guy with the WS6, but I wasn't going to wait for him to catch up

Nice kill Joe. It never ceases to amaze me about people talking shit BEFORE they race. :nono:

Do you have any pillar gauges or anything (besides the blower whine :eek: ) that might have tipped him off he was not racing your typical GT?

I mean with today's aftermarket support, you'd think people would know that almost any type of car could be a potential 10 second ride........or faster.

What a tool, he got the beating he deserved. :rockon:

joegt38

Established Member
gnxs said:
Nice kill Joe. It never ceases to amaze me about people talking shit BEFORE they race. :nono:

Do you have any pillar gauges or anything (besides the blower whine :eek: ) that might have tipped him off he was not racing your typical GT?

I mean with today's aftermarket support, you'd think people would know that almost any type of car could be a potential 10 second ride........or faster.

What a tool, he got the beating he deserved. :rockon:
Thanks,
No I have the gauges on an aftermarket cluster kinda hidden, the blower is a pullied SQ trim its supost to be quite but far from it being pullied and the powerpipe made it much louder to.

I just read the thread on LS1 tech about you beatin some LS1 pretty good :beer:

You got some sick cars, I really wish I had my GN still.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
gnxs said:
It never ceases to amaze me about people talking shit BEFORE they race. :nono:

Yeah, what's with that lately? You hear more and more stories like that all the time.

I guess I've been fortunate that it hasn't happened to me very often. When it does, it's usually ricers.

You should never talk shit because you can never know what the other guy is running, just like with Joe's GT. Never judge a book by it's cover. It might have a blower under there!

joegt38

Established Member
Thats has happened to me a few time, I had a guy in a c4 vette flip me off after I beat him and a very short run in with a c5. The c5 notice me pull from the get go and he just backed off fast after he chased to catch up to me and look with a grin like I was going to get spanked. After that he was on his cell and didn't look over for the next mile or so.

Users who are viewing this thread