Z06 vs. Lightning

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
hehe...what the hell...

A few days ago when me and the woman were on our way home, I saw a black lightning turning right out of a parking lot as I was passing the other way. I didn't think about it, but when we got to the light, a black truck ended up next to us, right where the road goes from 2 lanes down to one. Sure enough the guy had made the turn around to get some. I wasn't really sure though so I kept talking with the wife.

Flash forward to the light turning green and he lets it loose. It was an ambush, but I managed to get on it and try and catch him before he pulled a lane-ends-and-i-know-it-but-im-passing-anyhow move. I was squirelly like crazy because the street is pretty shoddy, but I managed to catch his rear fender by the end of first. I was moving closer to his door through second....but the road ended shortly thereafter so I backed off and he swerved in front. Ah oh well. Fast ass truck.

He was pretty pumped. Raised his arm out the window pumping his fist...:lol:

hj16

Established Member
Let him have his moment of glory. You knew that he wasn't going to hit the brakes, so you did it yourself. Its much better to race another day, on a road that doesn't merge into 1 lane. :)

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I don't even consider him a Lightning owner. Wish I knowed where he lived go to his door knock him sensless and take the truck and give it to someone who appreciate it. Sorry we have our jerks just like everyone else. I would of hate to hear 2 exclusive vehicles getting totalled.:cryying:

raptorman02

Established Member
They are impressive trucks no doubt but against a Z06 hmmmm gonna have to put my money on the ZOG.

TROY

Established Member
:beer: Nice run and vid. One day you will find a Lightning with some mod's and it will be a better race.:thumbsup: :beer:

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
hey if you're looking for some to appreciate that truck after you beat the s*it out of him, i got an extra place in the garage:D

JBVobra

Banned
Originally posted by lovemycobra
what was your launching technique for a launch like that?

--315 bfgs, 23psi
--good, 4-5 second burnout
--I trip the first amber and pump the clutch 3 times (damn hydrolic clutches)
--stage at 5500 and let 'er rip with a very slight clutch slip

That particular vid was like an 11.75 run with a 1.70 60ft. Weather was good (55 degrees, high baramoter)

Users who are viewing this thread