Z28...Laid a can of whoop @$$

Alright so a couple of friends and i went to hooters just to go......on the way home i saw some dude in a z28...2001 pull out of the local grocery store. He was all fish-tailing and stuff, well next thing ya know im at the light with him. He asked if i had anything in the car and i say "nope bone stock". He asks "hey wanna go?". I couldnt resist so we both took off at the green light.....he had a major jump on me, think it was due to my sandals i was wearing:D, well anywayz i caught up at around 4,000 rpm in 2nd, and right as i shifted to 3rd, totally took him. I was surprised i beat him but at the next light he said "hey man you have a great car, nice run" and i say "hey u had me but i guess i got ya after-all, nice run!" and we went both our ways. I was pretty shocked:)

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
nice kill but I don't think that guy could drive. That or he backed out of it or you are not stock...

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Originally posted by 1CEBITN
nice kill but I don't think that guy could drive. That or he backed out of it or you are not stock...

I agree. You have how much, 40 less hp than an 01 Z28. And you had at least 2 friends in the car (300+ lbs). You sure it wasn't one of the RS models. That would be more believable.

KillrCobra

Established Member
nice kill man. although I'm surprised you were able to pull an ls1. usually it's the exact opposite with a stock 96-98 snake. Good kill anyhow. :beer:

hehe yea it was a z28....know it for sure, i actually saw it on the road earlier today, he goes to my old high school....hehe i wont wear sandals anymore:D

btw my 2 friends were in another vehicle....they saw the whole thing and they said the same thing...."you sure that was a z28"...i'm having a hard time believing it was a ls1:shrug:

Last edited:

hedstrosity

take the BLUE pill :)
Established Member
if you pulled after second gear then it had to be an lt1... ls1's pull like crazy mofos 2nd, 3rd, 4th..
once another car has momentum it take s alot more power to catch up. and seeing as how an ls1's have more hp, and gobs more torque it just doesnt seem possible.

congrats on the kill though, whatever it was.

ohhh ya'll are gonna laugh....alright i went to sonic today and guess who i see!!!....well anywayz i talk to him and yata yata yata, well it turns out to be just what every1 said.....AN LT1...hahahaha, it had the 2001 front fascia, i asked him "are you sure thats an ls1, ive seen those be4 and man they haul ass...." and he says "well actually its a 97 z28 with the 2001 front fascia, i got in a wreck and decided to put it on cus it looked better!!!!!". man was i laughing on the way home. well thanks for the props but i dont deserve it.

Users who are viewing this thread