Z34 / GTP vs The GoCart

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Tonight, I finally got some kills in '02......

Jeannie & I and her buddy came out of a local restaraunt (spelling its late) and we saw some younger guys hanging out across the street and she starts talking about my buddy with a 00 GoCart and as I'm leaving...guess who flys up?? Yup my buddy & his buddy in a S-10. So we start talking etc etc...... Do a few kick downs etc etc

Well later on that night after I drop Jeannie off and head into town to find them and do a lil more street racing I see them talking to someone in a GTP. Hmmmm...so of course I pull in and start talking to them (in the S10) and they just got done racing him and gotten beat once into 3rd. They said I should race him. Of course can't turn that down. So we pull out on to the local main drag and start cruising down the road.

Finally a red light. Up Pulls this Z34 with neons with two teenage boys in it (not that I am much older) and I see them poised to race. Ok...I think the Z34 will put up a decent fight with almost a full liter on me. Well the light turns green, my bald G-Force KDWs scream in loose of traction yet I feather the clutch and we are off. .......... Yet I don't see the Z34 beside me.....Hmm....Yeah he's racing, but falling back. As I hit 3rd He's about a 1 1/2 - 2 cars behind me. Chalk one up for the GoCart.

Next light the Z34 didn't want anymore. So up stages the GTP. Mind you i'm already at a dead stop at the light, and just as the GTP rolls up (about 10mph ish) the light turns green. BOOM.. we are off. Another decent launch yet the GTP with the lil momentum it had stays a fender a head of me. Not bad though. A 2.5 NA V6 vs a SCed 3.8 V6.

So we turn around and head back into town, and another red light. The GTP again. This time both of us at a dead stop, and I bring the revs up to about 2500, and Kaboom.....Green light, again I feather the clutch with an awesome launch and this time pull 1/2 car off the line (musta not known how to launch the GTP). And I kept it all the way. Chalk another up for the GoCart.

A fun night indeed
:coolman:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Outstanding!

Good kills, Ryan. All I got last night was a late '80s Monte Carslow that had Sandra laughing her ass off when they revved and backfired about three times before I whipped them by a half a dozen lengths, to third... The amount of rice at the "illegals" now is frightening...

Users who are viewing this thread