Zaino Bros. Strike Again!!!

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by RedHotSnke
Dude, F-- the chamios. They're horrible. I used to get scratches on my black GT from it. I learned the hard way. Few weeks back, my car was in for servicing and they f-----g washed my car! They put fine little scratches over my entire car. Guess what they used? A F-----G chamois. They have no way to hide dirt particles like a 100% terry cloth towel or micofiber can do.

Throw that sh&t away, now.

Thanks for the advice, RedHot. I'll deep six the chamios. (Maybe chamios is French for swirl marks!)

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Seems to be some confusion early in the post Z2 is the polish, Z5 covers light swirl marks with multiple coats. If you have a swirl issue I would 1. wash with dawn 2. 3M Swirl Mark Remover #39009 on an orbital with the 3M yellow bonnet. 3. Clay .....then wash again polish etc. There is information and tips and tricks on the web site in my sig.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
03Snake-

Before jumping to conclusions about abrasives only as polishes, try 3M's Finesse-It. It is a chemical strip, contains absolutely no abrasives, and is designed expressly to remove light scratches like those left behind by wet sanding or improperly applied abrasive cleaners (gulp).

It is only sold in body shops, it is not available at places like Kragen, AutoZone, or Advance. I have gotten my absolute best results from it.

Seriously, try it. $25 a bottle.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraHopeful
Ken, does Race Glaze come in a silver bottle? If so, I've been trying to remember that stuff forever now! A friend of mine used to use that stuff (along with Zaino products, which is what I use) all the time, and I could never remember what it was. That stuff DOES work awesome! (and I'm a LONGtime faithful Zaino user) You nailed it right on the head, Zaino gives better protection with a good shine, but Race Glaze has more shine. It's also better for windows. Is there a website for Race Glaze? I need more info so I can continue to use it!

Sorry for the delay in answering, RACE GLAZE comes in a white bottle....

I have been using it religously since 1993 on all my vehicles,,
good stuff....the protection is awsome..
Ken

cjuni

Established Member
which one of these should one buy, or all of them and in what order should they be used ???:??:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by JoeAsheville
03Snake-

Before jumping to conclusions about abrasives only as polishes, try 3M's Finesse-It. It is a chemical strip, contains absolutely no abrasives, and is designed expressly to remove light scratches like those left behind by wet sanding or improperly applied abrasive cleaners (gulp).

It is only sold in body shops, it is not available at places like Kragen, AutoZone, or Advance. I have gotten my absolute best results from it.

Seriously, try it. $25 a bottle.

A chemical strip, not sure I understand how that works. So instead of bringing the paint surface down to the level of the scratch, thus removing the scratch, this stuff actually strips enough off to remove it? Cause the way I understand it, in order to remove a scratch, is one to fill it in. or two, to bring the surounding area down to it's level.

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
I went down to Hecht's and bought like 5 Ralph Lauren 100% white cotton, Made in the USA towels. I bought two of the real big ones, one large and 2 mediums. I'm not even going to go into how much all 5 cost. But they are worth it in my opinion.

Prepair to spend at least 8-10 hours on it. The more coats of Zaino you put on the deeper the shine will look.

I think the best advice anyone could give you is to take your time. Do not rush it.

--Matt

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Here's a pic of the Gloss Emhancer on the Hood and rear end after using the polish about a week ago. Gotta love that shine:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
30 minutes max. A quick wash down, dry, spray on Race Glaze gloss enhancer, wipe it off, then a quick buff.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
That looks great. Here's an old pic of my 95 Z after using Zaino and some other stuff I liked.

Orange Poison

Established Member
03Cobra,

Did you originally use Zaino before the Race Glaze Gloss Enhancer? Or did you use the Race Glaze Polish & Sealant?

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
Originally posted by Wanta03L
how about the gloss enhancing spray...does it work good?

the Zaino one? yeah, it works :-D

basic Zaino beginner steps pics here (claybar, ZFX, 2 coats Z2, 1 coat Z5, 1 appl of Z6 gloss enhancer spray) applied back in April '02

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

taken 2 weeks ago, stuff above, add 2 more coats of Z5, 1 appl of Z6

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

I'll take some more tomorrow or something. BTW, that paint is 115,000 miles old

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by RedHotSnke
03Cobra,

Did you originally use Zaino before the Race Glaze Gloss Enhancer? Or did you use the Race Glaze Polish & Sealant?

I used Z-2 from Zaino about a week before using the Race Glaze gloss enhancer today. I like this gloss enhancer better than the Zaino one.....

Users who are viewing this thread