Zaino

av8tor

Established Member
Here we go again, but,.....

Just finished 4 applications of Z5, with an application of the Gloss Enhancer each time. Started with the Clay Bar too. Fifth application was the Z2. All the metalic surfaces look great and came out as advertised, but, the hood is still showing all the original swirls and scratch lines. Any suggestions or hints about what I might be doing wrong? I followed the instruction religously; including the new cottons towels, the washing etc...

Anyone????

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
What color is your car? I always use orbital buffers to polish my cars. Waxing by hand is just so much more difficult and the results just arnt the same. I never really liked zaino myself. Cant wait to try RaceGlaze. Are you applying zaino in a circular motion or up and down? Try the applying the zaino in a straight line from the bottom of the hood to top. This should help to clear up swirl marks.

av8tor

Established Member
I applied the Zaino in a back and forth motion lengthways on the hood and upper surfaces, and up and down on the vertical surfaces. Myabe I should try an orbital buffer as you say.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Originally posted by av8tor
I applied the Zaino in a back and forth motion lengthways on the hood and upper surfaces, and up and down on the vertical surfaces. Myabe I should try an orbital buffer as you say.

I asked Sal Zaino about using an orbital when I did a group purchase on Stangnet a few years ago. Now, I really like his product, but as expensive as this stuff is, your going to be wasting a lot of it (with out any better results) by using an orbital.....and not being a pain, but why would you uses something that runs in a circular motion when you're already trying to tone down swirl marks. Your best bet is to keep using the swirl "remover" (can't remember the "Z" #) in the horizontal application you've been doing....
Just my $.02

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Did you do all the applications in the same day? Were you using ZFX enabled polish?

If so:

"Note: Apply no more than three coats of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™ in a 24 hour period. For optimum results, use your ZFX™ enabled polish within 6 hours of mixing. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel for removal of each coat."

From

http://www.zainobros.com/files/application.htm

And if you weren't using the ZFX and did all this in one day you did not allow enough time to cure per their directions.

That could be your problem.

Last edited:

av8tor

Established Member
My 03 is black. I applied the 4 coats of wax with ZFX accelerator over a several day period. The car never left the garage.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Yeah it sounds like you allowed enough time. Did you mix the ZFX properly etc. ?? I'm with the above poster... probably just give them a call and ask. I've heard they don't mind at all.

Users who are viewing this thread