ZEX install...

N20JUNKY

Established Member
hey guys got my zex kit for the truck and im wanting to install it. I want to know how to wire up a MSD window switch, I would also like any pics of zex installs because I cant find any. Anyone have any wiring diagrams?

dragonlightning

Established Member
hey guys got my zex kit for the truck and im wanting to install it. I want to know how to wire up a MSD window switch, I would also like any pics of zex installs because I cant find any. Anyone have any wiring diagrams?

Omg i just did a silly zex install, it's fairly easy.

Do you have wet or dry kit?

Zex window switch is better than MSD, as it can do based on gears by measureing how many times it goes up in RPM.

N20JUNKY

Established Member
I have the wet kit for the trucks, Im looking into a window switch, can you show me pics of your install and do you have any wiring diagrams?

dragonlightning

Established Member
IMG_0487.JPG

As far as wiring diagram, it's simple, all you should need is which wire to tap off of on the TPS (which I don't remeber off hand). Honestly if you need more than that...you might want to seek some assitance..Not trying to be a dick, but it's just power and ground and your installing a NOS kit that if Installed incorrectly would blow your motor to kingdom come...

Last edited:

N20JUNKY

Established Member
I know how to hook it up im just not sure how to wire it into a window switch. I have heard you will need a WOT switch if using a window switch so that what im really looking for

dragonlightning

Established Member
Ok so without the window switch all you need is power,ground, tps signal and on/off switch.

With window switch (Zex window switch).
You need to wire and program the Zex kit first, (do no install the window switch).
Make sure all that works..

Then Install the window switch (the window switch works by cutting tps to the zex box) so you can't program your zex box via the tps with it installed.

You DO NOT NEED A WOT SWITCH.

That is why you calibrate the Zex box off the TPS, this acts as a WOT switch and is more accurate than some crappy micro switch hanging off your TB.

The Zex box reads TPS signal and interputs that to know when you have it to the boards, The window switch reads your tach signal and disrupts it, but if it's within those RPM's then allows the tps signal all the way through to the zex box.

N20JUNKY

Established Member
does this look right on how im going to be wiring up the switches? I have one power wire coming in then splitting off into the three switches, then a wire coming out of each switch into the arming, heater, and purge. P.S. dont make fun of the drawing
switches.gif

Users who are viewing this thread