Zl1

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Today I was out on my 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 just cruising and enjoying the beautiful day in "Mexico". I turned my head to check for traffic while merging lanes when I see a newer Red and Black Camaro.

I noticed the hood looked different than the typical SS hood so I got a closer look and sure enough it was a ZL1 Convertible.

Now I am stoked! I slow down to get beside the Zl1 and look over at the driver (an older gentleman) and threw up the duces. He smiled and gestured ahead. The highway was deserted so I indicated for a 40 mph roll. He nodded and I let him honk it off.

Three honks and we are off. I was so excited that I screwed up and lifted the front wheel off the ground :nonono: but I was pulling quite hard on him. I got all of my shifts PERFECT. My little Blue Ninja got about 5 or 6 cars ahead of him until we hit about 100 mph. Then the inevitable happened. I see this red and black gaining on me and before I know it I am staring at his tailights.

We ran 2 more times with the same results. As I pulled next to him after thrid race he points to and exit and I follow him to a gas station.

Turned out to be a really cool guy and I asked him why he didnt get the 2013 GT500 he said he bought the ZL1 before the 13 gt500 came out and he thought the 660+ hp was all speculation.

It was a fun 3 races but man I really want a zx6r or cbr 600rr or maybe even a ducati 848 evo so I stand a better chance...:beer:

ESVEETEE

Established Member
Sport bike riding basketball superstar genius engineering student. I would expect no less than 10 space shuttle lengths on a ZL1.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I'm confused. Didn't know Kawasaki made a 650 ninja. Haven't kept up with them but I know the Zx6 is a 636. If your riding what I think any V8 should out run it.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
No shocker that a ZL1 left you up top. Really fast cars will usually always outrun 600s in a highway roll when the top end is in the mid 100s.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Not a bad run at all glad to see it ending in a chat I think win or lose it is good for enthusiast to get to re run it on the curb:)

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
:
Today I was out on my 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 just cruising and enjoying the beautiful day in "Mexico". I turned my head to check for traffic while merging lanes when I see a newer Red and Black Camaro.

It was a fun 3 races but man I really want a zx6r or cbr 600rr or maybe even a ducati 848 evo so I stand a better chance...:beer:

op obviously knows he got the wrong bike...:read:

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
No shocker that a ZL1 left you up top. Really fast cars will usually always outrun 600s in a highway roll when the top end is in the mid 100s.

I witnessed this 1st hand recently. I ran a Yamaha R6 a couple months ago from an 80 mph roll. It was a good run up to 120 mph, and then I started pulling away from him pretty good. I even had my top down which slows me down at speed.

One thing about guys on bikes, they are always ready to run. Safe travels:beer:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Darn it still can not bash this guy--If a grass hopper had wings he would not bump his ass so often he ran what he brung reported it well so done deal.

Anabolic

Banned
once again maybe a good place to advertise my 00' hayabusa 1300 unrestricted, sprocketed. will go 200mph. 7k! pm me..
nice race dude.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Did he ask you why you didn't buy a real bike?

Oh whats wrong with my FIRST bike? I mean its just as fast as an 03/04 cobra and 11+ gt in the 1/4 mile!

how much faster of a first bike do you think I should have bought?

:

op obviously knows he got the wrong bike...:read:

I bought a FIRST bike. My NEXT bike will be a 600cc SS or an 848 Evo

Get a cbr600 do a sprocket change and powercomander and u won't lose to many street cars

Im just worried about the Ergos of the bike.

I like the looks of the 650r. But they definitely lack the power of a Ninja 600.

Oh yes but thats why I got it, a 10 second bike as my first bike seems stupid IMHO

Sure do. But I didn't buy a woman's starter bike either. Figured you asked him why he didn't buy a mustang he may have asked why you didn't buy a real bike.

Wow you are dumb. WOuld you let someone drive a Nobel 600 as their first car? or how about a Viper with no TC/ABS? My bike is like driving a Mustang GT as a first car, I think thats appropriate. think about it, a 600 cc SS bike is FASTER THAN A 2013 GT500.

once again maybe a good place to advertise my 00' hayabusa 1300 unrestricted, sprocketed. will go 200mph. 7k! pm me..
nice race dude.

lol, I could never ride that beast GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread