ZZ 304 DA valve covers

Established Member
I am installing a 427 ford crate engine in my 95 R. It comes from Ford with 427 pent roof valve covers for a carbed application. Fittment is a problem at the brake booster and also on the passenger side at the alternator. Stock R covers hit on the rocker on the intake face of the cover. Anyone running a set of these heads with fuel injection? I have the Eldelbrock Victor #3887 intake. I would like something like the factory valve cover that doesn't stand out.

Thanks,

Steve

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I believe you can run the Ford Racing Valve Covers with a phenolic spacer with the stock intake. I would think a similar combo would work with the Edelbrock intake.

tom

Ruslow

Established Member
Steve here are a few more of the motor and v/c y0ou can see the size of spacer I am using to clear the covers.Stan
0144.JPG

01210.JPG

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
When you change factory designs, sometimes you have to redesign. :poke: SVT even redesigned the v/c's for clearance near the alt. :bowdown:
What brand rocker arms are you using?

Established Member
Stan, thanks for the additional pics. The new motor is the ford racing 427, 535 Hp small block. I don't remember the rocker manufacturer right off. It is really an issue with the head and where the rockers are in the head. I do have clearance problems with the alt. with the pent roof VC's that come with the motor. I have a set of ford racing VC's that came on the 385 Hp 351 crate engines. Those clear the rockers but I hven't checked the alt yet. Oil filler wouldn't be on the passenger side. Also, not sure about clearance of the TB after the intake elbow.

Steve

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
I run CompCams Pro Magnum stud mounted Roller Rockers under my stock Cobra R valve covers.

Users who are viewing this thread