Iran Says Helicopter Carrying Its President Is Missing After Crash

blk02edge

Established Member
First part yes. Second part a bit of sarcastic dry humor.

I find it hilarious a supposed world power is flying their President around in a 30 year old shit box news helicopter.
What ****ing news agency is running a 212?? None... the 212 is one of the best versatile work horses ever made. Why a countries' president is running around in one with a lack of avionics in fog is a head scratcher though.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Not for one second do I or would I believe Iran would not be able to obtain aeronautical parts due to embargo or sanction. The only reason I say such a thing is because other nations (in similar positions as Iran) obtain seemingly unobtainable items.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Yall would be suprises at what most state of the art rotary acft dont have onboard when it comes to electronics and avionics...also keep in mind we sold acft to Iran last before the revolution...as in late 70s...f14, f4, f5 and helos

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Not for one second do I or would I believe Iran would not be able to obtain aeronautical parts due to embargo or sanction. The only reason I say such a thing is because other nations (in similar positions as Iran) obtain seemingly unobtainable items.

Iran has the capability domestically to manufacturer these parts, they actually have a good aerospace industry. Hell they are still flying operational F14s, even though we banned them from getting parts etc after the Shaw was overthrown. We quit flying them almost twenty years ago.

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Iran has the capability domestically to manufacturer these parts, they actually have a good aerospace industry. Hell they still flying operational F14s, even though we banned them from getting parts etc after the Shaw was overthrown. We quit flying them almost twenty years ago.

They are struggling.

Iran has a huge industry of buying and importing black market aircraft spares.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
They are struggling.

Iran has a huge industry of buying and importing black market aircraft spares.

Its impressive considering the circumstances in which they are operating, considering all the export restrictions and sanctions Iran operates under. They are a way ways off (decades) from making cutting edge stuff from the drawing board, but cloning, reverse engineering parts etc they are more than capable. They are in fact progressing slowly in this field. I think its safe to say they can keep whatever they have flying and even make some modest upgrades.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
1716335984114.png

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
When Pol Pot died, Bill Clinton memorialized him by his reign of terror and reminded everyone how brutal of a dictator he was; celebrating his end and what it meant for Cambodians. Now we have a moment of silence and send our condolences for genocidal dictators while ignoring the people that suffer under them. My oh my, how things have changed.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Its impressive considering the circumstances in which they are operating, considering all the export restrictions and sanctions Iran operates under. They are a way ways off (decades) from making cutting edge stuff from the drawing board, but cloning, reverse engineering parts etc they are more than capable. They are in fact progressing slowly in this field. I think its safe to say they can keep whatever they have flying and even make some modest upgrades.

The problem is that stuff is cutting edge 1983. They would be the Polish Bi-Planes against our ME262s if we ever went to war. It's why Iran has invested so heavily in international terrorism.

A good summary.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The problem is that stuff is cutting edge 1983. They would be the Polish Bi-Planes against our ME262s if we ever went to war. It's why Iran has invested so heavily in international terrorism.

A good summary.

Our ME262s…do you have blonde haired and blue eyed relatives in Argentina :LOL:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
When Pol Pot died, Bill Clinton memorialized him by his reign of terror and reminded everyone how brutal of a dictator he was; celebrating his end and what it meant for Cambodians. Now we have a moment of silence and send our condolences for genocidal dictators while ignoring the people that suffer under them. My oh my, how things have changed.
Please understand that we were thinkers back then. Today? The thinkers are still here but the population is being diluted by those with the lack of sense and knowledge/intelligence.

The current generation of those who don't know their ass from a hole in their head, how do you think they would have reacted to the fall of the Berlin Wall if it happened today?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Users who are viewing this thread