What did you do for your Terminator today?

Murderedsvt

Established Member
419A6560.jpeg
03 dsg for sale!

blwn89gt

Established Member
Got the car inspected today. NYS sucks. I got the car tuned this past Saturday. It made 662/573 on 93 safely on 15-16psi. The plan is to go back and do another map on e85, same pulley set up. We were battling some fuel trim issues that day that was giving me some part throttle drivability issues but it wound up being a bad o2 even though it was new. Swapped out both sensors for two new ones and got rid of the 24” long o2 extension from kooks and the car drives perfectly now.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

stangfreak

Established Member
Pickup yesterday. NOT a fan of the whipple throttle body/cable setup. What’s the fix for the sticky on/off feeling pedal?
The 3.0 whipple throttle body is rough man. Its just too big. Mine sticks when I am cruising. If I let off and get back on it sticks. when the car is at a stop and I go, it does not stick. It USED to stick at a dead stop but me and my tuner adjusted the throttle screw. It also helped with the sticking throttle body issue. It was idling high. while doing that it cured the sticky pedal feeling going from a dead stop.

I spoke to whipple about this and told them its been 21 years and we still have to have a throttle body with a 99 cent return spring and high idle and sticky idle issue. I got a set of instructions from whipple and basically the letter said that these throttle bodies are just too big lol. Huge crusher intake big ass throttle body. Back in the day whipple did not want to admit that.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
The 3.0 whipple throttle body is rough man. Its just too big. Mine sticks when I am cruising. If I let off and get back on it sticks. when the car is at a stop and I go, it does not stick. It USED to stick at a dead stop but me and my tuner adjusted the throttle screw. It also helped with the sticking throttle body issue. It was idling high. while doing that it cured the sticky pedal feeling going from a dead stop.

I spoke to whipple about this and told them its been 21 years and we still have to have a throttle body with a 99 cent return spring and high idle and sticky idle issue. I got a set of instructions from whipple and basically the letter said that these throttle bodies are just too big lol. Huge crusher intake big ass throttle body. Back in the day whipple did not want to admit that.

I went with a thicker spring. It helped with the sticking and hanging idle. It’s fine now but the pedal is super heavy. I guess it’s a trade off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread