Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Amazon 9" conical filter/heat shield

Votes: 19 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MongoCobra

Established Member
I've seen these mentioned on this forum, so which one do you feel is best (meaning largest HP gain).

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
I just installed a densecharger on my cobra, I'm happy with the results

Goldy

Established Member
I too have a DenseCharger CAI installed in my '03 Cobra and in my '99 Cobra, and am extremely pleased with both. After installing in each of my cars, I did see a very noticable difference.

I've not yet had my '03 dyno'd, but my '99 dyno'd 295.4 hp/301.2 tq at the rear wheels with the only performance mods being the DenseCharger CAI (filter to MAF), Bassani Catback, and Bassani x-pipe w/cats. Unfortunately I cannot tell you how much the DenseCharger added as I did not do a before and after dyno (as well as with and without the exhaust mods).

I had the '99 dyno'd at our SVTOA chapter's dyno event. Many other normally aspirated '99/'01 Cobras (with and w/o mods) typically dyno'd low to mid 270's (hp) that same day. Again, I do not know exactly how much the DenseCharger added. However, I'm certain it contributed to my numbers.

Howard
Indy SVTOA chapter director

'99 Cobra Vert; Electric Green w/Black Top
'03 Cobra Vert; Black w/Black Top

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
which color conical airfilter works best?
(ricer question) ....j/k

bender460

Established Member
My ram air has to be the best;-) . Just think at 80mph. 4" tube from fog light location to the stock silencer & air box. Gotta be worth something and a whole lot cheaper.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Does UPR have a website?

Yes, it is www.uprproducts.com and here is what the finished product looks like :)

x9.jpg

Last edited:

Goldy

Established Member
I have the DenseCharger CAI , Bassani X-pipe w/cats, and Bassani Catback (all specific for the '03 Cobra); I have no "check engine"/"service engine soon" light problems what-so-ever.

Again, I'm extremely happy with these mods.

Howard
Indy SVTOA chapter director

'99 Cobra Vert; Electric Green w/Black Top
'03 Cobra Vert; Black w/Black Top

i8u

Established Member
Densecharger... Wonder if theres any extra power in the tube after the mass air flow meter? I bet so!:beer:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Large HP gain......yes
Large blower whine gain........yes
Measured cold air effectiveness......yes
Large cost...........no, actually about $80 if you pay full retail for all the seperate components and use my free plans(see sig). And NO, I AIN'T SELLING THEM COMPLETE.

fd55cf6b.jpg

Drop in on the left vs 9" conical, anybody think the flow will be better with the smaller filter?:rollseyes
fd5b7d9f.jpg

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by GOGO-03

ZO6_2002 what size filter does UPR uses??

thank you, GOGO-03

GOGO-03, it is a pretty big conical K&N look alike filter. I am going to guess the rear portion before the pipe is 8" in diam. You can hear the thing sucking air when you get on it, and the whine of the s/c is much more enhanced.

:beer:

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Originally posted by bender460
My ram air has to be the best;-) . Just think at 80mph. 4" tube from fog light location to the stock silencer & air box. Gotta be worth something and a whole lot cheaper.

The fog light hole is only 3"- how did you get a 4" opening? I did this with my 99 Cobra with great success, but the 3" pipe was really too small until you got up to speed. It RIPPED on the freeway.

The 03 really wants a 4" pipe minimum, the only problem is where to get a 4" opening on the front of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread