Procharger D1sc dyno results

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
After playing around n/a for awhile I pretty much hit a brick wall with the mods I was willing to do to the car. The car was running low 12s at 120mph on street tires and 11.7s on some borrowed drag radials. Wanting to keep the car full weight, on 93 octane, and 100% streetable my next option was a power adder.

Mods at the time were...
6m with 3.31s and aluminum driveshaft
Boss Manifold, Accufab 85mm, Steeda "boss" intake
1 7/8 long tubes, 3" orx, JPC over axle pipes, GT500 mufflers
FRPP K springs, Tokico D-Specs, and Steeda everything
Lund Tune

My older brother owns a vortech powered grabber blue 11 GT with an auto and that car flat out hauls ass on 9psi. His car is so tame around town during normal driving that I was sold on a blower setup.

I took a ride over to Evolution Performance and bullshitted with Fred on a few occasions about different blower setups. Any blower kit can make 600whp so it bascially came down to looks/sound for me. With my brother having the Vortech that ruled out a Paxton/Vortech setup for me as I wanted something different. Procharger it is.

I didn't really have much say in the matter and Fred told me what setup i'm getting LOL. Having seen a few of their setups in the shop I was sold.

Evolution Performance Stage 2 Procharger Kit
Stage 2 Procharger
D1sc head unit upgrade
Race Bypass valve (awesome!)
polished head unit and bracket
75lb injectors
ATI balancer
Kenne Bell BAP
Custom catch can
Spark plugs
T-bolt clamps
Lund Dyno Tune

I dropped the car off and before you know it I was watching Jon Lund tune the car on the dyno. Chuck installed everything blindfolded with one arm tied behind his back for a challenge j/k.

Procharger1_zps21925ac8.jpg

Final results...

640whp and 511wtq on 10.1psi at 7300rpm

[youtube_browser]cUEaNf2IRJU[/youtube_browser]

With the crappy weather this week I haven't really had a chance to play with it. I hit on it from 4000rpm in 3rd gear and once it hit 5000rpm it started spinning the tires :rolling:

Thanks to the guys at Evolution and Jon Lund for making the whole process painless!

Andrew

Last edited:

5.0_

Established Member
damn, looks like you got a MONSTER on your hands... get to the track!

Dave_6

Established Member
Nice!!! I was wondering whose car this was when they posted a pic of it on their Facebook page.

stang8psi

Established Member
That was my comment on the facebook page about the power! And your car put out almost the exact same power! lol just a tad bit more boost but a bit more torque. but none the less Jon did the same to mine and Chuck is the man! Congrats

03lowram

Established Member
Are you still on the stock block? Not built? How long do you expect it to last on 10 pounds?

w3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Established Member
Love the Red Race valve on every procharger set up! That is a must have! Sounds wicked man, congrats!

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you still on the stock block? Not built? How long do you expect it to last on 10 pounds?

the engine is stock and I expect it to hold up. It was dyno tuned and the tune isn't aggressive at all with 12 degrees of timing and an 11.2:1 afr. I'm pretty much limited with making more power in my mind.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I just came home from driving the car around and HOLY SHIT its quick. From a 3rd gear 70mph roll it will haze the tires and pull up to 7300rpm. A shift to 4th has it still pulling as hard and before you know it youre back at redline. My 92 runs 10.2s at 131mph and the 12 GT feels way faster from a roll.

Time for some drag radials so 1st and 2nd gear isnt useless :p

RusWolf

Established Member
Well if you wanted Centri type and not Vortech/Paxton that PC was your only option lol!

Are you still on 93 octane ?

you should race your brother and see what happens.
What are his numbers and mods on 9psi ?

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Glad you are happy with it man!
Thanks Chuck!

Well if you wanted Centri type and not Vortech/Paxton that PC was your only option lol!

Are you still on 93 octane ?

you should race your brother and see what happens.
What are his numbers and mods on 9psi ?

Yeah it's still on 93 octane.

As far as me and my brother racing he would kill me. With us having similar mods his 6a with a converter and traction is just too quick.

His car put down 594whp and 496wtq with exhaust, vortech, jlt air intake, and a Lund dyno tune. Since then he's added long tubes, driveshaft, and a torque converter. We will probably find out what his car runs within the next week or so.

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Nice cars, yours and your brothers I see from time to time around town. I have a D1 on my car but didn't opt for the Race valve after hearing it on a buddy's car, it was annoyingly loud even driving normal lol. Nice numbers btw

Users who are viewing this thread