Fuel Pump Died

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
Wanted to make this post to inform/receive info:
Driving to get dinner just now, fuel pump died. TVS car, and have been on E85 for ~1500 mi./3months. I checked fuses, BAP, fuel rail pressure, etc...dead. Ironically, my car died as wife and I are out for Anniversary dinner. Lol

Do I have any better options than OEM pump? Getting towed in the morning.

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
Vortech non programmable BAP.
I should do full return, and was planning to after Christmas(new house and new born on the way)...one concern is I've never installed a return style system.
Ok phone now, I'll try to communicate better when on computer.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
lol. I sent him a text about the 465's before reading his thread. I'm curious to see the condition of the filter.

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
I'm fortunate this happened idling instead of during wot.

Aaron-are your fuel systems on sale right now?
How difficult is a return system to install?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
I dont think the BAP has as much to do with it as you being on E85.

E85 has little to no lubrication. Most (99%) pump failures i have seen have been in cars that run a lot of E85. Thats why companies like Walbro came out with pumps like the 465. Its a sealed motor and designed to work in E85. The Mustang is not a flex fuel car so the pump was not designed to work in E85.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I dont think the BAP has as much to do with it as you being on E85.

E85 has little to no lubrication. Most (99%) pump failures i have seen have been in cars that run a lot of E85. Thats why companies like Walbro came out with pumps like the 465. Its a sealed motor and designed to work in E85. The Mustang is not a flex fuel car so the pump was not designed to work in E85.

What's interesting is that while I understand and agree with your point, there are also guys who have been on stock fuel system for well over a year with 0 issues with E85. It's very hit or miss it seems. I've had E85 and a BAP in my car for about 3 months/6k miles now with no issues. Time will tell of course, but so far so good. :shrug:

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
After talking with the wife, I'm going to buy a DD, and park the stang for a while...buy Jpc return system next week and build motor all at once since it's currently down. Makes more sense for the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread