MGW shifter?

george.arnold

Established Member
He's still working on the final design. He's got parts in production, but it will still be a while before the final testing is finished and its on the market.

george.arnold

Established Member
its a much simpler design too like the older mustangs. MGW where are you?

It sounds like George (owner of MGW) is getting all the kinks lined out with the flawed design of the stock shifter setup. He's making everything perfect before he sends them out to the public.

Graboid

Established Member
It sounds like George (owner of MGW) is getting all the kinks lined out with the flawed design of the stock shifter setup. He's making everything perfect before he sends them out to the public.

I can appreciate that. Plus for those having issues (mine is not so bad) maybe Ford will actually fix something instead of a fluid change :nonono:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I talked to George last night. The last three parts are scheduled to be machined this week, then everything goes out for coating. Everything is looking good for a late may / early June release.

ViciousJay

Established Member
as much as i like MGW i think that the bracket is all thats needed. Personally im 6'3 and i dont need to sit any further away nor do i need the shifter any shorter. I like the stocker

Last edited:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
as much as i like MGW i think that the bracket is all thats needed. Personally im 6'3 and i dont need to sit any further away nor do i need the shifter any shorter. I like the stocker

ill bet you a pitcher of beer you will feel differently when you shift this !!!:beer:

we really didnt go much shorter in throw. the throw isnt bad. the MAIN issues are spring back weakness, floppy deflection and vague gritty shifting.

george

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
ill bet you a pitcher of beer you will feel differently when you shift this !!!:beer:

we really didnt go much shorter in throw. the throw isnt bad. the MAIN issues are spring back weakness, floppy deflection and vague gritty shifting.

george

From what I've read the bracket gets rid of the problems you've stated above. Don't get me wrong, I've been a loyal MGW shifter fan with every Mustang I've owned and that won't change with this one, but I'd like to hear more about what you guys did other than possibly design your own bracket.

Jason

ViciousJay

Established Member

george

George youve always out done yourself but i have none of the bolded issues... if anything i prefer the smooth feeling to any notchy feeling any day of the week

but sir you have a bet, when someone local buys one ill be happy to install it for them and get it a whirl

AmnDucky

Established Member
From what I've read the bracket gets rid of the problems you've stated above. Don't get me wrong, I've been a loyal MGW shifter fan with every Mustang I've owned and that won't change with this one, but I'd like to hear more about what you guys did other than possibly design your own bracket.

Jason

He is replacing the entire assembly, not just the shift lever like everybody else.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Not too bad. For all that quality engineering, I guess its a great price. But could you imagine how many they would sell if it was $199. It would be the first mod for every car.

if it did it then the TRANNY would not be the ONLY thing that would be made in CHINA!!! :poke:

but i am hoping to get this UNDER the 350 estimate.

george

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
if it did it then the TRANNY would not be the ONLY thing that would be made in CHINA!!! :poke:

but i am hoping to get this UNDER the 350 estimate.

george

Is there an ETA on release? My personal feeling is this may cure up quite a bit of the poor shifting exhibited to some owners.

LSwat

Established Member
Pretty excited for this shifter. Cannot wait to see what happens with it.

JB2012

Established Member
Ok, it's past late may, and "early" June is almost over :)

Anyone speak to George lately? Or if you're reading this George, let us know!

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i skipped out on a shifter b/c im waiting for the mgw so george HURRY!!! I havent even seen this shifter and im already dead set on it and wont settle for less.

Users who are viewing this thread