PCV Info Inside... P/N and Photos too

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
There has been some info out there about replacing your PCV valve with a more restrictive "gt500" unit.

Well My local ford dealer has the Correct PCV "EV-279" listed as a 5.0L Heated PCV. It is noticeably more restrictive when blowing through the EV-279 and the Stock BLUE one.

EV-279
Full Ford P/N - 6W7Z-6A666-AA

Pictured here - (blue = stock, brown = ev-279)

20120217_133343.jpg

Now it is a heated PCV so a little cutting is needed to fit with the valve cover, covers. I took a small hack saw and took the connector off. After, you get the following -

20120217_133755.jpg

If this works to help keep some of the oil out of the intake, only time will tell. But as you can see from the stock PCV valve, the parts that are discolored have seen oil. It also looks like that the passanger side PCV valve gets oil slung on it by the cams, there is no baffle on the inside valve cover to protect the PCV valve.

Chris

try03venom

Established Member
heated pcv thats not being heated... more restrictive but is it too restrictive? what ever happened to just going the dual breather method?

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
heated pcv thats not being heated... more restrictive but is it too restrictive? what ever happened to just going the dual breather method?

Breathers....no

PCV system is needed. Just trying to see if it helps before going to an oil separator that's all.

Chris

snakebite72

Established Member
i dont think its a good idea to "restrict" the crank pressure specially in boosted applications, this pressure needs to be vented or released from your engine or you might push a seal out causing an oil leak,oil separators might help a bit but nothing beats an oil catch can set up.

Users who are viewing this thread