PCV Info Inside... P/N and Photos too

snakebite72

Established Member
i understand but that doesn't mean it will not let oil thru, the problem with these engines is the heads... having a billion parts in there plus the high rpms these motors a capable off make a mist of your oil thus gets carried out thru your pcv system ending up in your intake and burned in your combustion chamber, with this been said... we all know what oil does to fuel... i lowers your octane rating thats why its so critical in boosted applications, detonation will destroy an engine in a heart beat, at this time i am working on a catch can set up combining stock parts and aftermarket as well... so far looks really good... set up looks clean and professional, after i am done i will make a thread on this so you guys can make your own.

01bluesnake

Established Member
i dont think its a good idea to "restrict" the crank pressure specially in boosted applications, this pressure needs to be vented or released from your engine or you might push a seal out causing an oil leak,oil separators might help a bit but nothing beats an oil catch can set up.

I've already tried to explain this in another pcv thread, but people don't seem to care because they follow what members who post on here more often or have more respect on the forum as some would call it. The last thing you want in a crankcase is any pressure at all, n/a or forced induction. Installing a restricted pcv is not a benefit for the motor as some tend to think, installing a oil separator with the stock pcv or a proper catch can setup would be. Wish people would research and find the many test and articles that have been done on crankcase pressures and the HP it actually can free up from applying vacuum to the crankcase or getting as little pressure inside as possible from a proper catch can setup.

Last edited:

snakebite72

Established Member
you are right on the money... pressure in the crankcase WILL affect HP this is why you NEED to vent these gasses out... thats why when he stated "restrict" I said "WHAT???" thats exactly what you don't want to do.

try03venom

Established Member
Well i see your point my plan is this pcv plus a metco pass side breather is way cheaper than a billet catch can. Better yet just a breather and just let the pcv vent

snakebite72

Established Member
your pcv valve on your drivers side of the engine is connected to a vacuum source in this case your intake, the passenger side is connected to the intake tube where fresh metered air enters to replace the air that has been pulled out thru the drivers side, i say metered cuz it went thru your mass air, if you restrict the pcv valve and have excess crankcase gases they will find their way out thru the passenger side and entering your engine thru the throttle body, as you can see its a no win situation, as i stated before an oil separator will help but the one that will completely eliminate the oil mist entering your engine is a true catch can set up , unfortunately installing breathers on will only leave a mess of oil cuz they will get saturated with oil and start leaking all over your valve cover.

Last edited:

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
you are right on the money... pressure in the crankcase WILL affect HP this is why you NEED to vent these gasses out... thats why when he stated "restrict" I said "WHAT???" thats exactly what you don't want to do.

I can assure you the with this PCV setup its not "restricted"... Trust me I have see it in real life, and have not relied on the internet to inform me of things.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
your pcv valve on your drivers side of the engine is connected to a vacuum source in this case your intake, the passenger side is connected to the intake tube where fresh metered air enters to replace the air that has been pulled out thru the drivers side, i say metered cuz it went thru your mass air, if you restrict the pcv valve and have excess crankcase gases they will find their way out thru the passenger side and entering your engine thru the throttle body, as you can see its a no win situation, as i stated before an oil separator will help but the one that will completely eliminate the oil mist entering your engine is a true catch can set up , unfortunately installing breathers on will only leave a mess of oil cuz they will get saturated with oil and start leaking all over your valve cover.

Drivers side is pre throttle body, passenger side is post throttle body. BOTH are after the MAF.

Users who are viewing this thread