Took 2nd place in Heads Up class at local Fun Ford Weekend!

Bud

Established Member
Decided to try entering the "Max Street" heads up class at the Fun Ford Weekend in Bandimere, thought I would go out first round but was very surprised. Went up against a few turbo and a few blown fox bodies and still got 2nd place. Rules were basically a 10.5 tire (slick or radial), single power adder, mufflers, and had to complete a 5 mile cruise before elims.

Big thanks again to RWR Motorsports for the build and Lund Racing for the tune, both have been great, given me lots of time and smarts. I still can't believe this car ran in the 10.40's in almost 100 degree heat and at 10,000+ DA :rockon:

Here are the incrementals and conditions throughout the day so people can see how the heat and DA sucked. Started running the car while it was pretty hot towards the finals but it still whooped ass! I'm car B226

run1k.jpg

run2.jpg

run3.jpg

run4q.jpg

run5b.jpg

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
damn nice bud. That is some sickeningly high DA, even for here. Your car is a beast for sure. I didn't make it to the event. I didn't want to deal with the heat all day so I took the wife to a movie instead, lol.

Bud

Established Member
I'm almost didn't go, these temps here lately are ridiculous. 100's and high 90's as far as the forecasters can see

gt347mustang

Established Member
I was there supporting the white fox you raced in the finals.

Great job! I was amazed how well your car did! Do you have more details on the build?

RioRed4v

Established Member
Nice times man. Tried to catch ya in the pits but didn't want to break up the group you were with. Your car moves out. Very impressive. Grabbed a few pics and a vid of you destroying a Shelby. I'll try to get them hosted soon

Bud

Established Member
I was there supporting the white fox you raced in the finals.

Great job! I was amazed how well your car did! Do you have more details on the build?

That white fox hauled ass, not sure if he was holding back in the finals but it made for a fun race :)

Here is a link to the build info, list is starting to get kind of long: New PB: 10.42 @ 131mph....in 8800+ DA!!!

Good job brother, car was rollin out!

Thanks for coming out and hanging out man. And thanks for the trip around the facility with the A/C rolling, that was nice!

Nice times man. Tried to catch ya in the pits but didn't want to break up the group you were with. Your car moves out. Very impressive. Grabbed a few pics and a vid of you destroying a Shelby. I'll try to get them hosted soon

Man, you should have come on up and introduced yourself. 90% of the fun of these events is meeting new people and checking out their cars. Will have to try to get together for a test/tune night up there.

If you do have any pics/vid that would be greatly appreciated. I don't have much from the past runs this year.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I'll have to see how the video I took yesterday turned out. It's very deceiving, no drama from the car- just gone.

Bud

Established Member
I'll have to see how the video I took yesterday turned out. It's very deceiving, no drama from the car- just gone.

That would be cool man I think your phone takes better vids than mine. I keep wanting video of it, but the car seriously looks like a 13 second car going down the track. Like you said no drama, just takes off and goes.

Bud

Established Member
I love it, that's a cool trophy!

Yup, was cool to get a trophy and some prize moneys. Owe it all to many people though, been blessed with all the help I've gotten on this car. RWR, Lund/Kenb, Jon/Slagburn, Kdanner for dumping a bunch of knowledge, etc and so on. Good community here locally and abroad for helping people out.

sncbluegt

Established Member
Man I was there too and ran the DOT class.....wish I coulda met some of y'all.
We should have some kind of meet for all of us up here in the Denver/ front range metro area.

Users who are viewing this thread