Is the GT500 Axleback restrictive? Dyno Results inside:

Shaun@AED

While the car was strapped down doing the TB test I decided to remove the GT500 axleback and make a few back to back dyno runs with open pipes (JPC over the axle pipes). Below are the results:

GT500Axleback.gif

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
peak differences of 3.5hp/4tq, not that restrictive then....thanks for the info. Granted the mid range is a tad more......but Well worth the loss for sound alone!
Cool to see, thanks!

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
Appreciate it. If I can talk my local shop into a few minutes dyno time I will try it on mine next week. I'm making about 550hp to the wheels uncorrected on E85. I like running the stock mufflers with the offroad X and JPC over axles for the street. Curious how much I'm plugging things up

86merc

Established Member
Thanks for posting another comparison!

Sorry, Just saw the TB thread. haha

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
That's a great comparison, Shaun! I'm with UIN2IT, I would trade the few extra ponies for the sound of those babies!

RioRed4v

Established Member
Appreciate it. If I can talk my local shop into a few minutes dyno time I will try it on mine next week. I'm making about 550hp to the wheels uncorrected on E85. I like running the stock mufflers with the offroad X and JPC over axles for the street. Curious how much I'm plugging things up

What's your normal combo? If you convince them, you could try using my Corsa Extremes for an added comparison.:shrug:

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Funny that u did this because me and Justin at VMP tuning were just talking about that.
I was at his shop last week getting another tune.
The pipes on are only 2.5 compared to the 3.0 Magnaflows I had on my car before.
Magnaflows resonate the cabin way to much.

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
What's your normal combo? If you convince them, you could try using my Corsa Extremes for an added comparison.:shrug:

Offroad X, JPC over axles and stock mufflers for daily

Swap to god-awful sounding flowmaster outlaws for the track as they save 25+ lbs off the car.

cobra199711

Established Member
Thanks for all the testing, the tests many of us wanna know about that no one really does!!! i appreciate it.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Only one is at the track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8xwFKza5oA

Imagine king kong pressuring up and farting into a megaphone that is then amped into the worlds loudest speakers strapped directly to your ears....that would be more enjoyable to listen to than this setup on the street.

yea not a fan of that sound lol but holy shit the GT500 was sleeping or spinning!

Users who are viewing this thread