Taking car back to Ford already-paint issue

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
After getting the windows tinted undecided to hit the car with some chemical guys quick detailed and a fresh microfiber.
Mind you my car is new and still has less than 100 miles on it.
As I worked my way around to the driver side I opened the door and got low to clean the rocker, when I noticed this disgusting sight.
I guess this is where I should have completely gone through the car during pick up and delivery.
After comparing it to the passenger door I can only come to the conclusion that the paint didn't cure properly or something got in the corner of the lower door itself......almost looks like a rust bubble. And a nice 2 inch chunk of paint missing.
So back to the dealer it goes........,ironically I'm having the same issue with my Raptor on the back of the cab.
Really unhappy about this.

lvxlr8n

Established Member
That sucks. Thanks for posting pictures. When I pick mine up i'll have to make sure I take my time going over the car for paint defects.

Myfast70

Established Member
What a bummer. Corner edge does look like a rust bubble, I'm sure it's not but it does resemble one in that pic

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Oh, wow! That really sucks! Don't settle for anything less than a 100% job when they fix it.
A few years ago, I leased an '08 Denali (first and last car I ever leased, lol). I did a walkaround in the dealer lot before leaving, then went home. I was getting something out of the back and went to open the driver's side rear door. There was a coiled up hair under the paint. It must have been well over a foot long, as the area where it was coiled up was about 2" x 2" and it extended down the door another 4-6".
I guess GM and Ford still have the occasional paint issue.
S.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Ford approved the repair, should be done within a few days.
The bubble is primer, he said they hang the doors for paint, sometimes
It runs to the corners and pools sometimes.
He said the chip was done by some [insert word of choice] who opened door
Into something more than likely.
It's getting fixed and that's all that matters at this point.

Kapy

Established Member
He said the chip was done by some [insert word of choice] who opened door
Into something more than likely.
It's getting fixed and that's all that matters at this point.

Don't feel bad. There are many of us including me with paint issues on this forum.

I am actually taking mine to a really good body shop this week to see if they could address my issues.

Hope this makes you feel better knowing your not the only one.

Planeswalker

Established Member
I have bought two new Fords in the past six months, both had paint issues. My Shelby was fixed and looks good, I'm scheduled to pick up my Roush today.

Kapy

Established Member
I have bought two new Fords in the past six months, both had paint issues. My Shelby was fixed and looks good, I'm scheduled to pick up my Roush today.

Glad to hear your car's have been repaired nicely.

I am hoping for the same.
:beer:

mikejaeggi

Established Member

i had the same little bubble on the bottom of my passenger door, the clear coat dried into a little drip hanging off the edge. i didn't notice in until a few days after I came home. I simply sanded it down and used some dr colorchip touch up paint, unoticeable now unless you are under the car.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Hey fords dropping the ball with paint issues. My brother had multiple rust bubbles on the hood of his 2011 5.0. First time they didn't even sand the hood down they painted right over the rock chips. Finally after going to corporate they fixed it right.

Action

Established Member
Its a ford...ive come to expect these things. After 5k miles on my 2013, i noticed part of the leather on the steering wheel coming apart. Dealer should take care of you.

Users who are viewing this thread